• Register
  • Help

Topic: Update on Mac-Intel Universal Binary versions

Share/Bookmark

Update on Mac-Intel Universal Binary versions

The K2 version with Universal Binary compatibility is not yet released by NI.

After it is released (sometime this month, I believe) we plan to finish the port to K2 for both GPO and JABB. We can't proceed to that step until we have the compatible version in our hands. Once we have completed the port (shouldn't take too long - much preliminary work is already done) we will need to do some testing and then they will be released to our users.

The Universal Binary version will be a free downloadable update to existing GPO users.

Gary Garritan

Re: Update on Mac-Intel Universal Binary versions

Nifty! Will the Studio will be getting a facelift in the near future to equip it for JABB/GPO K2, and strad, marching band, and general midi too? (That's going to add a LOT of pulldown options)

This is good news, Mr. Gary!

Thank you!!
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The K2 version with Universal Binary compatibility is not yet released by NI.

The Universal Binary version will be a free downloadable update to existing GPO users.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary. I won't mention any names here but another developer has said they will CHARGE for an Universal update for their libraries which I do not agree with.

this is excellent news gary, great to hear. GPO is a great product and I've been looking forward to using it on my new mac, and will also be buying JABB as soon as a universal is available for it.

The Kontakt 2 Player Mac-Intel Universal Binary update is available according to native instruments website as of today:

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...id=intelmac_us

Does anyone know the next setps we should take to get GPO running on our Intel Macs?

Thanks!
    Justin

Justin, the next step would be to let Gary and his team finish what they need to do.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Technically, Gary is not obligated to provide us with a Mac Intel UB update. I mean, when GPO first came out, did anyone know Mac was going UB?

That said, this is an example of why Gary is the best developer.

OK, I sat down earlier today at my relatively new Intel-based iMac and decided to get GPO up and running at long last. I've just finished a basement studio and I'm ready to begin recording some music. After a lot of work, I ran into the crackle-and-pop-issues that seem to be plaguing the Kontakt Player on these Macs.

Frustrated, I decided to turn to these forums to ask for help. Alas, my first post was going to be a complaint and a plea.

Browsing through the forums for an answer led me to this very timely update to the release of the Kontak player upgrade for GPO. A solution is in the works! Of course I'm happy about that. But, more importantly I'm impressed by Gary's willingness to share exactly where he and his team are in the release schedule. This is so much more information than most software companies provide. In addition to being a wannabe musician, I'm actually in the technology business - I run an I.T. department and I deal with a lot of software vendors. It's very rare to get this kind of insight into what's going on with a product's release, even for software that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I've used the product successfully on a PC so I know that when the release comes out for the Mac, I should be in good shape. I have to say that this is a special product and Gary obviously cares deeply about it. Even with the issues I've run into, I'm proud to be a customer and I look forward to being an active member of what seems like a great user community.
    Last edited by originalblat; 12-01-2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: slight grammatical correction

Go Back to forum