• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Anyone recommend good bass VSTi for jazz/pop/rock?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone recommend good bass VSTi for jazz/pop/rock?

Anyone recommend good bass VSTi for jazz/pop/rock?

Re: Anyone recommend good bass VSTi for jazz/pop/rock?

Go with Scarbee.

Here is a single Warwick-Bass:
    http://www.chrishein.net/warwick/wa_...roductsite.htm

Check out the video-demos:
    http://www.chrishein.net/warwick/wa_...demo_video.htm

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

my choice would be : hardcore bass and Trilogy if u can.......have both and u will be oK!!!

kstevege,

As you sem very happy with our LD product line, why not consider Studio B at $200.00?

Studio B consists of an acoustic bass guitar, an electric guitar (a custom version of the Lyrical Distortion guitar) and three separate drum kits; two played with sticks and one played with hot-rod brushes.

Combined you have the fundamental backing tracks for many pop/rock/blues and jazz tracks. All three are unique instruments.

The acoustic bass guitar is something rarely sampled, and we have sampled separate index finger and middle finger variations for every articulation, including sustains, marcatos, pops, slaps and more... (not to mention a very fun effects and slides toolbox)

The guitar is simple but powerful. It is not distorted to the point of being crunchy, but its amped, not direct in - making it perfect for backing tracks or focused leads.

Last are the drums; recorded and programmed in the true multitrack technique used by all professional recording studios. You get eight mic positions with full bleed in every mic. One snare crack and its felt through all the mics, which can be assigned to separate outputs from Kontakt, allowing for individual gating, EQing and reverbing of each mic. You don't get this authentically in any other drum library we are aware of in the Kontakt format.

This all results in the most authentic multisampled blues/rock package.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

My 0.02cents.
    I own Trilogy and have owned it for about two years I believe.
    I love spectrasonics products, but I have rarely found the Electric Basses on Trilogy satisfying. I love the acoustic and the synth basses, but for my work I have found the Old Bass Legends far more useful.

With that in mind, I bought based on the demos, the Scarbee. It hasn't reached me yet, so I can't talk about first hand experiences. But i bought it based solely on comparing the demos of scarbee vs. the demos of trilogy electric basses....
    The scarbee scared me :-), and I am also a bassist.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    kstevege,

As you sem very happy with our LD product line, why not consider Studio B at $200.00?
    Hi Bela

I haven't received LD1 or LD2 yet. I should receive LD2 today. LD1 was orderd from your website but I don't know the status of that. So so far I have only heard your demos which sound great, read other's opinions and read over a couple of pdf script files. I anticipate once I do install LD1+2 and figure out how to use the scripts, I wull be pleased! As I mentioned elsewhere, my research revealed 2 top products for electric guitar sample players and they were Lyrical Guitar 1+2 and Prominy LPC. I chose yours and can't wait to hear how it sounds on my DAW!

Studio B sounds great also, but I already have EZDrummer which is fantastic and I ordered LD1+2. I am howver loking forward to your future bass sample player which I heard is in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    my choice would be : hardcore bass and Trilogy if u can.......have both and u will be oK!!!

How are the electric bass articulations in Trilogy? I alread have elec bass guitars which came with Kontakt 2 library and Collosus. Other than more sounds to choose from, should I spend $350 on Trilogy when I already have what came with K2 and Collosus?

My apologies. I was not aware of a shipping delay on our end. I will look in to that ASAP. Feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for the vote of confidence on Bela D Bass.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    Go with Scarbee.
    The Scarbee demos sound great! It seems it has a lot more realistic articulations than Trilogy whereas Trilogy has a bgger palette of basses, including synth.

Seeing the Scarbee bass was sampled with the 1977 era in mind it does sound great for certain pop mixes but I am wondering how it will sound in my contemporary mixes?

Go Back to forum