• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Win A Free iPOD Nano!

Share/Bookmark

Cool Win A Free iPOD Nano!

Win A Free iPOD Nano!

That's right. We're giving away a free iPod Nano -- filled with GPO Demos!

You've seen contests where people guess how many jelly beans are in a glass jar. We're doing something even better.

Guess the number of GPO demos that will soon be posted on our demo page at www.garritan.com and win a free 1GB iPod Nano -- loaded to the brim with them! The person closest to the exact number of actual demos wins the iPod

The exisiting demos on the GPO site and forum are fair game, but there are many not yet posted. Soon, we'll post many new ones. (We can't post them now or you can simply count. So we'll provide a one-week period to guess the number of GPO demos we will be posting.)

Each person gets one guess (no fake aliases - scout's honor). Simply post your guess here. The person closest wins the iPod Nano.

From award-winning composers to educators to hobbyists, GPO is an essential tool to all. By far the most widely used orchestral library in the world -- there's a truly astounding amount of great music being made with it.

Now's your chance. Make your guess, win the iPod, and -- feast your ears.

Best,

Gary Garritan

P.S.: Please note that these demos are all done by real users. They were not professionally produced in order to make a more favorable impression - such examples would be misleading.

Instead, we thought it would be honest to show the Garritan Orchestral Libraries in real world use. What you hear is what you get... straight from users
    from around the world and many posted in the Garritan Forum Listening Room.

Many thanks to these fine composers and musicians for sharing their work with us.

Re: Win A Free iPOD Nano!

How do you do it? Just post your guess here? I'm going to guess 332.

Wow! This is great! Thanks Mr. G!!

My guess is 414.

Good luck everyone!!
    Steph

Oooo... this is tough... but fun. From the rate at which the demo page shifts around, I'm going to guess higher (probably too high ) at 1,421... I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was above 1,000... well, I actually would, since GPO itself still surprises me.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Hi Gary,

Based upon a proprietary algorithm based on exponential growth curves, the pre-Colombian Mayan calendar, the prevalence of carpal tunnel syndrome among professional musicians, and the number of notes in "too many notes" minus 1, the answer is 1021.

NB: the algorithm includes those demos already available in the demo section. If you meant to have us guess only the number ADDITIONAL demos to be added to the demo section, please subtract the number of demos currently in the demo section from the guesstimate above.

Bye

DarwinKopp,
    If you win we'll make it an iPod full of Disco Bagpipes?

Red face Re: Win A Free iPOD Nano!

Disco Bagpipes? Yikes! Well, at least I've been warned

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinKopp
    Hi Gary,

Based upon a proprietary algorithm based on exponential growth curves, the pre-Colombian Mayan calendar, the prevalence of carpal tunnel syndrome among professional musicians, and the number of notes in "too many notes" minus 1, the answer is 1021.

Bye
    Ha! Brilliant method...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

How about 280?
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

I will go for 399 demo songs.