• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Beefalo under siege!

West Seneca, NY

Exclamation Beefalo under siege!

As you may or may not heard, Beefalo sustained quite a blow from an early October freak storm! Friday the thirteenth proved to be a very unlucky day for an estimated 350, 000 residence and businesses across Buffalo and outlaying areas. My home lost power at 10 PM Thursday night under the heaviest wet snow storm in years! From what I have heard, the heaviest since some year of the 1800's! Freaky is putting it mildly. I ventured out in the darkness of my back yard to inspect damage of trees. All around you could hear the eery sound of loud "snaps" of small and huge tree limbs breaking under the stress of the heavy snows! At one moment the large maple tree in my back yard snapped under the strain and a huge heavy limb took out several power lines from a transformer on a near by power utility pole! The bright blue flash lite up everything for a split second with sparks following and the transformer burning out of control! It was like something out of a science fiction movie and eerie as anything unimaginable!
    So, for three days all of us huddled in our family room near the fireplace to stay warm. We have to boil our water and filter it through a Britta pitcher to insure clean drinking water. Natural Gas was not effected so we still had our stove to cook on and hot water for washing. Going to the store was not an option till Saturday. My street had many cars and trucks stuck with large branches and power lines blocking the way. The worst was bailing water out of my sub pump area so as not to overflow the basement.
    Power finally came on 3 PM Saturday afternoon and not a moment too soon for the pump basin was just about to breach.
    Off from work for at least another day. The mess is unbelievable in my back yard and throughout the area! Malls are down, plazas are dark and most gas stations are starting to run out. Milk is becoming short and generators are big business!
    Needless to say, the new store is out of power as well and because of, the basement has flooded to at least six inches of water.
    We have the children from our family members who are without power while their parents stand guard over their belongings at their respective homes.
    This in light of another disaster in Hawaii! What I want to know is who tilted the Earth so much of it's path?
    Be with you as soon as things return to normal.

Re: Beefalo under siege!

Hang in there, pal...
    We're thinking about you..

Snor & Family
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

We can never take for granted how good life is to us until something like this happens, Mike. It's a sudden tragedy and coping with it is not easy, especially for the seniors, handicapped, and children.

We are constantly thinking of your situation, Mike and hope that everything will be back to normal soon. Your questions about why are all these natural disasters occurring is a good one. Maybe our present generation of civilization is contributing more to the destruction of the earth and Mother Nature is responding. When disasters like this happen, they are not targeted toward individual people or geographical locations, just toward the earth as a whole to let us know that we are UPSETTING the balance of nature with our selfishness, greed and disregard for the beauty and wealth that has been given to us. Maybe it's not that simple, but that's the way I feel about it.

Your kindness towards your neighbors will go a long way, Mike. It sets an example for others to follow.

We pray your inconvenience will end very soon and that you will be back again working toward a better, common goal with the work that you do.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, let it snow, let it snow, let it..." oh scr** the snow - How are you doing Styxx?

Maybe I should have not sat down on this side of the earth? I didn't think I gained that much weight.

I hope all is getting back to normal in Beefalo.

Good luck and maybe we can get a collection going for a snow removal relief fund.

Orcas Island

Take Care Styxx.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. If you need anything we can FedEx it overnight.

Dallas, TX

Hope you are able to stay warm and don't get stuck anywhere. I don't think you really can call it a freak storm if it is in Buffalo.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come this winter for upstate NY and for the northeast as a whole!! YIKES!!

Hang in there, Styxx!! Our warm thoughts and prayers to you and your city "Beefalo", Styxx!
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, bud. I've got a spare bedroom down here in chilly SC, if you need to get away from the snow!

West Seneca, NY

Red face Re: Beefalo under siege!

Many thanks to all of you. Would you believe Eezz 60 degrees out and most of the snow has melted yet leaving a landscape of fallen branches and leafs.
    By the way Gary, I once tried to cross a FedEx truck with a UPS truck and got FEDUP!
    Never mind .... The store is still without power. There are a bunch of hippies outside chanting, "Power for the people!"
    OK, ok, enough is enough.
    Tanks and jeeps you all!

Wow hard to imagine this happened only 1 hour away from us. we got nothing.

Take care of your self and family. hopefully the water drains away properly.
    I heard fort Erie here in Canada was hit too but not as bad.

Go Back to forum