• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL Performance Script Issues

Share/Bookmark

VSL Performance Script Issues

A few problems with the SVL included with Kontakt2

1. The Staccato 1 and Staccato 2 samples sound exactly the same to me. How is that supposed to be any use.

2. I can't get any noticable effectfrom the release samples. Is it just a subtle difference. I tried turning on release button in the instrument editing window and that let me hear a release sample, but a very poor one, and worst yet, the main sample did not play. Tried changing release time values and mono on///off to no avail.

3. Legato Instruments are not legatoing at all, unless so subtle that it is not discernable. Tried everything I could, but only been using this beast for a few weeks to be fair.

4. Have no idea how to get repetition instruments working, though I admit it may be only a matter of needing someone to dumb it done for me. I can't afford the tutorial video and have little confidence it will help me much more than the manuals. When can everyday people here do so much better job at explaining that the manual authors?

Thanks to everyone for past and future help. DOn't know what I'd do without everyone.

Re: VSL Performance Script Issues

Could you post an mp3 example of the "legato not legatoing"? What do you mean by this? Are you able to play a chord with the legato patch?

I have forgotten - is the staccato 1 & 2 patch a keyswitch patch or a scripted patch? Maybe post an mp3 of that too where it is just playing repetitions of a single note at a single velocity in say 16ths.

The script should load right up with the patch so there should really be no extra effort in getting them to work. You haven't disabled/bypassed the script have you? (there is a button that would do this in the script section)

Jay

I dont know about the legato really, though some of the VSL legatos are subtle. Their P_Leg patches should have quite a bit of noticeable legato on them.

With the rep samples, maybe it has to do with the K2 VSL stuff only having 2(?) velocity layers? I have Opus1/2 and the alternation on those is great. Works like a charm, but I tend to use a lot of what the velocity layers offer to make it sound a little bit real/dynamic. Seems to me without that you would be stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    Could you post an mp3 example of the "legato not legatoing"?
    I'm new to using forums and I actually don't know how to post an mp3. Does it have to be a link to another web page, because I actually don't have any website of my own yet. )By the way, I'm open to suggestions as to how best to get my music heard on the web without spending any money (My software and hardware purchases have left me literally broke and I'll be playing catch up for a long time)

[quote=Red_venom]I dont know about the legato really, though some of the VSL legatos are subtle. quote]

Thanks for replying. The problem is really not something you can hear, its something you can't. The legato has absolutely no effect at all compared to non legato patches--exactly the same sound, even when the notes overlap or are quantized to ends. I also here absolutely no release sample sounds at all, except when I highlight the RELEASE button i the Kontakt patch, at which time only the release sample is heard an it is all of about one tenth of a second in length, which if that is what it is supposed to be would explain why there's no noticable difference. I just wanted to know if other people are getting a noticeable effect from these features--I can live without them otherwise. The Repetition effect problem is the same, absolutely no difference in sound between Stac. 1 and Stac. 2

Assuming that the legato instruments are not looped it is easy to check. Hold a note down until the sound finishes and then play legato to another note. If you hear a small grace note transition then the legato is working, if not then it isn't.

D

The same for release samples.
    Hold down a note until it ends, if you release the key you should hear the release sample

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    The same for release samples.
    Hold down a note until it ends, if you release the key you should hear the release sample
    Thanks, I think I was doing this except that I'm not sure what yiy mean buy playing the legato. I though that in legato mode, any note played immdiatelky after would be legaoed to. Is the some switch key or mod wheel control that is neccessary to acticvate legato? Thanks again.

Go Back to forum