• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone tried the Novation Remote SL or MAudio Axiom for playing sample libraries?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone tried the Novation Remote SL or MAudio Axiom for playing sample libraries?

These look like great machines--you can assign midi cc controls to many knobs and they are powered by the usb port on the pc. They look as though they would be perfect for assigning ADSR and filter envelopes in Kontakt or Giga, letting you control almost everything from the keyboard.

Re: Anyone tried the Novation Remote SL or MAudio Axiom for playing sample libraries?

I just bought the Remote Zero SL, which is shipping today. I'm hoping to use it for both Logic and Kontakt 2.

Re: Anyone tried the Novation Remote SL or MAudio Axiom for playing sample libraries?

I've got one and it works fine with the available Kontake template, and if you don't like how something's laid out, you can always reassign the controls. If you use a sequencer that supports Novation's Automap feature, then you'd be getting a big, thick icing on the cake.

Stay away from M-Audio stuff in general. They've been improving ever since they got bought out, as the previous versions of their products was just too embarrassing, but even with the recent improvements, M-Audio's products are still mostly sitting at the bottom of the barrel quality-wise.

You know...

It seems really strange. M Audios controllers seem to get great reviews most of the time in pro trade magazines. But I bought a keystation 88, and I barely touch it. I don't care for the feel. Anyway, I have an Emu 49 key controller, and I like it a lot.

I just bought an Axiom. M-Audio is great for features and they can be a bit innovative but they suck at making a keyboard that feels half decent. The "semi-weighted" action should be called "semi-decent" action. I still haven't gotten use to the feel - but everything else is good.

I REALLY like the Korg Kontrol 49 the best, but they don't seem to want to release it in anything bigger than 49 keys. That blows because the keys feel really good and a slightly bigger version would be very handy. It just feels like it's built well rather than some of this cheap stuff M-audio and similar companies are putting out. Go figure

Go Back to forum