• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO with Cubase

GPO with Cubase

Hi. I'm using GPO with Cubase and when I load it in I see 8 things called KPIPO 1/2 thru KPIPO 15/16 in the personal Orchestra folder. What are they and how can I use them?

Re: GPO with Cubase

They are the Kontakt Player (KP) output channels.

On the GPO Kontakt player you will see the numbers 1/2 and if you click on this number then up will pop 3/4, 5/6.....7/8. If you choose one of those outputs for your instrument that will send its sound to that output channel.

Now look at the Cubase mixer. All those separate outputs are there for you to do with them what you will eg eq, add reverb, effects, etc.

What this means is that you could send each instrument to its own channel, and then process each instrument separately. Eg you may have a violin and percussion and may want a bit more reverb on the percussion only and to add a bit of eq to the violin only. So set the violin output to 1/2 and the percussion to 3/4 and then you can set reverb and eq on the mixer to separate amounts for each channel.

By default all 8 instruments will load up on channel 1/2, but Cubase sets up the other 7 channel pairs automatically ready for your utilisation.

Exclamation Re: GPO with Cubase

Do a search in the Tutorials section for the user Zero Zero. He wrote a pair of outstanding tutorials for GPO in Cubase that will cover this and also give a great method for using GPO in Cubase.

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I agree: The tutorial is well-written and hugely helpful! When I was a total GPO-newbie it aided in un-puzzling the whole affair!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    My website: Above the staff.net

Thanx Guys. Found ZeroZero's tut. MD

Go Back to forum