• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to set up RME cards with GSt?

Share/Bookmark

How to set up RME cards with GSt?

Hammerfall 9652 on computer 1, connected through ADAT to Digi 96/8 PST on computer 2. Wav files played on computer 1 come through analog out on computer 2 just fine. GSt just produces noise - same noise regardless of what sample rate I set in GSt.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, also - GSt on computer 2 by itself works fine through the 96/8. It\'s just getting the sound from GSt on computer 1 into the 96/8 that isn\'t working.

[This message has been edited by ursatz (edited 12-20-2001).]

Re: How to set up RME cards with GSt?

Hello ursatz,

Be sure to set the clock on the GigaStudio cpu to external ADAT clock source. The control panel/mixer app must also be set to monitor the incoming digital signal. Above all, be sure the sample rates and bit depths match in both sound card settings as well as the audio apps you are using with them.

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pmuse:
    Hello ursatz,

Be sure to set the clock on the GigaStudio cpu to external ADAT clock source. The control panel/mixer app must also be set to monitor the incoming digital signal. Above all, be sure the sample rates and bit depths match in both sound card settings as well as the audio apps you are using with them.

Kevin
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Kevin, I\'m pretty sure all those things are set up correctly, but now there\'s no sound at all moving from the 9652 to the digi (even outside GSt). I\'ll try the RME forum. Arrgh.

I tried installing the 96/8 on computer 1. The card works fine on computer 2, but on computer 1, Gigastudio again produces noise (and again regardless of sample rate, and even though other applications play sound with no problem). In this case there\'s no second computer to get out of synch. Mobo is Asus a7v133, which should be ok with these soundcards, right?

I\'ve never seen this before - obviously there\'s something wrong with the setup on computer 1, but I don\'t know where to look. Any ideas??

Go Back to forum