• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just got the Saxophone Sound Kit and...

Share/Bookmark

Just got the Saxophone Sound Kit and...

I LOVE IT! Great sounds.
    I cannot wait to fully explore the different articulations from this soundkit.

Weirdly enough, when I hit the SoundKit Updater (necessary for Apple Intel Macs) all of my soundkits show up except for that darned Mallets Kit. I don't really even use it because it crashes my NOTION program. I'm not really upset though as I know the next update will undoubtedly smooth things out. And I'm not writing anything that uses those instruments at the moment- although I am planning on composing a piece for Saxes and Vibes.

Re: Just got the Saxophone Sound Kit and...

Wonderful.
    Also i hope in future will be added more strings articulations.

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    I LOVE IT! Great sounds.
    I cannot wait to fully explore the different articulations from this soundkit.

Yeah, some more strings would be cool. Like Solo Strings and a couple more articulations like col legno, sul ponticello, things like that.

But I'm pretty impressed with what is offered at the moment. Saxes are very difficult instruments to accurately sample and I am delighted that the timbre and presence of these instruments was encompassed in the Saxes Sound Kit.

Yeah, some more strings would be cool. Like Solo Strings and a couple more articulations like col legno, sul ponticello, things like that.
    Solo Strings and Expanded Strings 2 are forthcoming. I'll let you know when we decide on a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    Solo Strings and Expanded Strings 2 are forthcoming. I'll let you know when we decide on a release date.

SWEET! What I really love is how affordable these expansion kits are. I'll be buying both of these kits when they are available!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    Any idea on when a choir library is due? I can load the staves into a score, but alas, they play as a piano

Peace

rikp

Same here (Hear). I love the non-sampler approach to this whole library.

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    Any idea on when a choir library is due? I can load the staves into a score, but alas, they play as a piano

Peace

rikp
    That's a really long way off. It hasn't even been recorded. We did children's choir for the Nutcracker Score Kit, and I think it sounds great, but an full choir sample set will require a lot of recording and a lot of post work. I'm not even sure it's on our radar right now.

Solo Strings... String Quartets and as such... I can't wait...

Thanks...

Hawksong

Go Back to forum