• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Flutes in Flight" The beginning.

Share/Bookmark

"Flutes in Flight" The beginning.

I just started this one today. Now if I can just get it to take off into something more substantial.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~Family/m...n%20Flight.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: "Flutes in Flight" The beginning.

Mitch,

You are certainly off to a good start with this work. There are a lot of directions that you can take it. Let it a sit a while as I am sure you will figure out some direction as equally fine as your beginning here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Hi Mitch, sounds very "substantial" already. Very good job. Your melody and supporting harmonies are very well done. Is this all GPO? I'm very impressed by this work especially when you brought in the strings and brass... Very lyrical melody... Where this could go? Not sure, Just mess with the melody; transpose, other instrument variations, or alter the melody slightly... different chord progressions... I would like to hear maybe a contrasting theme and then repeat this melody latter for impact. Hope to hear more of this soon.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hi Mitch, sounds very "substantial" already. Very good job. Your melody and supporting harmonies are very well done. Is this all GPO?Michael
    Yes, this is strictly Finale 2007 and GPO. No intervening sequencer or manipulation of the sound what so ever.. Finale and GPO is about all I use for my music. Haven't the time to learn anything new right now.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Nice start, Mitch! Very engrossing melody. Now let the flutes 'take-off in flight".

Amazing what you can do with just Finale and GPO!

P.S. that's all I use also

Beautiful start on this, Mitch; that gentle melody
    brought forward from the start in the flute, then
    lushly orchestrated and elaborated... will follow
    me today, waiting for your further development.

Keep it coming, Mitch; this is a very strong
    opening.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow! The romantic in me was hoping for a dramatic timpani roll and a big fat cymbal crash at the end.

Really beautiful, soaring theme. The only problem is it just ended too soon. So I had to listen to it over and over. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Wow! The romantic in me was hoping for a dramatic timpani roll and a big fat cymbal crash at the end.

Really beautiful, soaring theme. The only problem is it just ended too soon. So I had to listen to it over and over. Nice work!
    Patience, a work like this must be done thoughtfully and carefully. There is plenty more to come, I just want to make sure that I don't rush the end result.

Thank you all, for all your comments. They are very much appreciated.

Of course this peice is keeping me from finishing my Halloween contest entry, you know. Can't mix the two, that would be real scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Manthe

Of course this peice is keeping me from finishing my Halloween contest entry, you know. Can't mix the two, that would be real scary.
    Make it for piccolo, and you bet, scary

Oh, oh, oh, make it for 2 piccolos and all horrors break loose!

Nice! A very vivid and soaring begining. The orchestra sounds very nice. Definitely looking forward to hear more of this.

~Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast