• Register
  • Help

Topic: An obvious but useful Fingered Glissando Technique

Share/Bookmark

An obvious but useful Fingered Glissando Technique

I don't know why this didn't occur to me sooner. I've been trying to PLAY fingered glisses. With Stradivari you can smoothly slide one finger up the keyboard (Liberace style) and with practice you can get better results. This is for when you need Diatonic of course. Transpose the Keyboard if you need all white keys.

Problem to watch for:
    If the notes are tool close together with too low of a velocity you will get dropouts. I think Strad is maybe trying to play a full portamento and there isn't enough time. Raising the Velocity and/or spreading the notes out a little always fixes it.

Re: An obvious but useful Fingered Glissando Technique

I have been wondering lately about experimenting with the Strad using the Garritan midi harp packets for glisses, I bet that would be cool!

Dan

Re: An obvious but useful Fingered Glissando Technique

[EDITED]
    Hi Dan,
    That sounded like such a good idea, but then I remembered that the MIDI packets serve to trigger special Groups in the GPO Glissando Harp presets (they don't even work with the GPO Chromatic Harps). So unfortunately that wouldn't work with the Strad either .
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Go Back to forum