• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help Garritan no sound with stradivari V2 (Urgent)

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Help Garritan no sound with stradivari V2 (Urgent)

Hi mate.
    I hope u r doing well....today i recieved my order for stradiviri vilion v2 from Time+Space for urgent music work....i did the installation and the activation but when i tried to play stradivari vilion with k. player 2 as stand alone there was no sound i re-installed the software 6 times but i forced the same result no sound "i am using PC win. xp pro. dual core 2 Gig of ram" ! all my other plug ins working perfectly also i tried the kontakt player 2 as vst plug in with cubase sx3 but same result no sound..pls. help me to solve this problem as soon because i have a hard work to be done this week ..or do i have to send back the order to Time+Space?
    is there any solution ?

Best regards.

Re: Help Garritan no sound with stradivari V2 (Urgent)

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman
    Hi mate.
    I hope u r doing well....today i recieved my order for stradiviri vilion v2 from Time+Space for urgent music work....i did the installation and the activation but when i tried to play stradivari vilion with k. player 2 as stand alone there was no sound i re-installed the software 6 times but i forced the same result no sound "i am using PC win. xp pro. dual core 2 Gig of ram" ! all my other plug ins working perfectly also i tried the kontakt player 2 as vst plug in with cubase sx3 but same result no sound..pls. help me to solve this problem as soon because i have a hard work to be done this week ..or do i have to send back the order to Time+Space?
    is there any solution ?

Best regards.
    shakyman,
    sorry about the problem you are experiencing. It seems the vast majority of Windows users are running fine, but some are experiencing no sound. We are trying to identify why this is on some systems but not others.

I see you are running it on Win XP Pro on a duo Core. Can others also tell us the particulars of your system. Ther must be some common identifieable thread. We have notified NI and hopefully they can debug this and find a solution very soon.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Help Garritan no sound with stradivari V2 (Urgent)

Thanx Garritan for your response i found some topics samiliar to mine:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48745
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48731
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48757

My system is:
    Window xp Pro.
    AMD Athlon 64X2
    Dual Core 4200+
    2.00 GB of ram.

pls. would u inform and let N.I support solve the problem as soon..

Regards.

In Kontakt you have to avtivate every single controller that any given instrument uses, at least once, before you play the first note. Otherwise you get no sound.

I hope this helps.
    Jeannot Welter.

shakuman,

where is NI on a Saturday when you need them

Try Jeannot's suggestion, activate or nudge over controller and see if you get sound.

Thanks Jeannot!

Gary

Might help to put soundcard and driver version too
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Hi.
    I did what jeannt told me but still no sound! my sound card is Edirol UA-25 driver version 1.0.0. All my plug ins working perfectly ! and i noticed there r more than me whom forced same my problem ! i hope on monday NI will solve the problem.

Regards.

I initially faced the same kind of trouble. The Kontakt Player was completely dead. I then reinstalled everything, incl. the Service Center. First time I installed, I canceled installation of the Service Center, because it was already installed. I don't know if this did it, but after the reinstallation I now have sound in the Player.

However I can still not load any of the instruments into Kontakt 2.11. I get a weird message saying the System ID has changed and I therefore have to reinstall the library

My system is WinXP Home SP2.

I have the same problem
    my system is
    motherboard-Asus P4P
    ram-kingston
    intel 4 cpu 3Ghz
    soundcard-Tascam us-224

Go Back to forum