• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigapulse VST and V-stack

Gigapulse VST and V-stack

Has anyone had success opening Gigapulse VST in V-stack? I can't get it to show up as an available plugin.

Jon Klein

Re: Gigapulse VST and V-stack

Same problem here. There is an issue with Cubase 4 in which an .xml file has to be edited so that GP presents itself as an "FX". By editing this file, Cubase sees it.

Best I can tell, the issue is the same in V-stack. The symptoms are identical (at least for me), in that Gigapulse does get registered, and shows up properly in the plug in info window. However, it does NOT show up in the list of available send effects rendering it unusable.

The bigger problem is that, as far as I can tell, there is no file to edit in V-stack. The Vst2xPlugins.xml file that is edited in C4 to make GP work properly is nowhere to be found in V-stack. At least I cannot find it.

Anyone have any ideas for a workaround? I hope that Tascam can fix this in a future update so that it properly identifies itself as an "FX' in Steinberg's products.

Smile Gigapulse VST working in V-stack!!!

Today is the day where I finally found (after 18 months ) the solution how to load Tascam's Gigapulse into Steinberg's V-STack.

The solution is so simple ... and my joy so big .

For those who are still looking for a workaround I am glad to contribute to your wellbeing:

Download the freeware "EffectChainer" from http://www.acondigital.com/us_effect..._download.html

EffectChainer is a VST-plugin that hosts VST-plugins.
    So, within V-STack insert EffectChainer, and within EffectChainer insert Gigapulse. That's it

Have fun!
    And, if you like to give feedback, let me know about your joy!

Go Back to forum