• Register
  • Help

Topic: S/PDIF on egosys GigaStation?

Share/Bookmark

S/PDIF on egosys GigaStation?

Is anyone out there using the egosys GigaStation with GigaStudio? There is no option within GS to route instruments to the S/PDIF output, and I don\'t pickup any signal from it. Does anyone know if the EWDM driver supports the S/PDIF? I have written egosys to no avail. Also, the noise floor on the analog outputs is tremendous. Has anyone else experienced this problem with GigaStation?

Re: S/PDIF on egosys GigaStation?

I use the Gigastation card aswell. I have not tried to get spdif, however, I have also not seen an option of accessing it.... I also think the noise floor is terrible and I have the added bonus of losing midi input everytime I open a gig performance - very annoying.
    The only reason I am keeping the card is because the latency is very, very low - much better then the motu 2408. I use giga in realtime so latency is a big issue.

Kim

[small introduction] hi I\'m magnus and I\'ve been using GS + egosys wt2496 for almost a year now.

I\'ve similar experiences with egosys wt2496 using their latest ewdm release (beta 3.1 I think). s/pdif used to work on the erlier drivers. if your gigastation works like my 2496 - then the physical output is defined by the mixer app and not by Gigastudio.

Regards Magnus

There is no option in the Gigastudio mixer app to route to the SPDIF.

Whoops, I meant there is no option in the GigaSTATION mixer app to route to the SPDIF output.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim:
    the latency is very, very low - much better then the motu 2408.

Kim
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Kim,
    Have you tried adjusting the sample buffering on the MOTU 2408? The latency on my 2408 is indiscernible, although that was not the case upon installation. On the advice of MOTU Tech Support, I dropped the sample buffer size down to 128; the latency disappeared.

I just got a reply from Egosys regarding S/PDIF on the GigaStation. They wrote:

\"The S/PDIF output comes from the RCA connector (Coaxial S/PDIF) on the Gigastation card labeled D Out. Enable output 7 and 8 to activate the digital out. The digital output level is controlled with the fader for output 7 and 8.\"

Go Back to forum