• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Chandler, Arizona

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Here's my rendition of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody: http://members.cox.net/jamesortner/BohemianRhapsody.mp3

The piano is from JABB. Drums are Drumkit from Hell Superior. Can't remember what the couple of percussion instruments are from. All other instruments are real including the 7 guitar tracks.

This song has about 40 vocal tracks in it all performed by myself. Talk about some high notes to sing!

Re: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Wow, good mix, good playing and good voice !

So ... good job !

Superb Job Jim !!!
    I loved the "Waynes World" bit where it goes into 12/8.

It sounds like you had an indecent amount of fun doing this one.

regards Joe

Very nice Haydn! You have a spectacular voice!

It's just what I needed tonight.

Great sound. How did you process the vocals?
    Earl Green

dear jim,

for me this is really a magic moment listening to homemade-music in the net..

normally bohemian rhapsody is an untouchable song, a contemporary document of rock-history, almost unplayable like most of the queen stuff.

but you did it. I definitely see the tons of work that are in there. a fantastic challenge and you succeeded. I have a video where brian may sits in front of a mixer with the original tapetracks of bohemian rhapsody and describes how it was done/mixed, pulling the faders up and down, showing the endless voices.

absolutely authentic done, the arrangement, the lead vocals, the choirs, the guitars, the overall feeling.

freddy, brian, john and roger would be proud of you if they should somehow listen to this.

10 out of 10. you did not only succed technically but also emotionally. I am touched.

greetings and rock on

Holy ... man I am speechless! Your vocal skills are incredible. I am taking some singing lessons now but hearing such recordings does bad things to my ego!

May I ask what kind of microphone are you using for vocals?

Congrats, and please post more Queen covers!

It's brilliant!

I can't believe that you went through 40 vocal tracks to do that! I mean I can't believe your determination and yo willpower and your talent and your voice and your... (I could go on forever...)

It's an excellent cover of this brilliant song.

Jim. I'm left speechless

(coming to the opera part , let's see that! , will keep writting as I listen to this track)

AAAAAAAAAhhhhh.. .Now you got me crying.

This is something I won't forget, but will advertise to everybody I know. Time to spam the other forums I know.

WOW! Awesome job! how long did this take!? What was your vocal setup like? etc.! Nice job!! I've listened to this about 10 times....recording all those vocal
    tracks must've been time consuming...great work!!

Wow... that was so awesome! I can't imagine how long that must have taken.

I agree with GigaLove that Bohemian Rhapsody is kind of untouchable just because so many people have tried and failed, but you have risen far above the wreckage of cover attempts. This is wonderful!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast