Here is a real bizarre problem for me. I have just recently started working with Gigastudio and I have built two performance files, one for use with Finale and one for Nuendo. On the first performance file, Channel 1 of Midi Port 1 will not work. It flashes as it receives the midi input, but no sound. I'm only using Port 1, but all the other channels seem to work on all the other ports if I try.
Then if I load up my other performance file for Nuendo, in which I am using all 8 Midi Ports, Channel 1 of Midi Port 1 works but Channel 1 of all other Midi Ports 2-7 does not work. Again, no sound. All other channels seem to work.
If I don't load a performance file, and just load a instrument into any of these channels it works just fine.
This is really bizarre, I have no idea what to do. If someone could please help and offer some advice as to why a channel would render no sound I would be very grateful.
I am working on a PC with a Echo Mia Midi, 2 GB RAM, AMD 3000+, Windows SP2.
Take a look at the signal flow from your input channel through the DSP mixer through to the master output. Maybe something has been accidentally re-routed, or the gain of one of the stages set to zero.
This doesn't sound like a bug, but an "I didn't notice that" kind of situation.
When I go into the DSP system and play a note on the unresponding midi channel, there is a green bar indicating the midi signal as a I play a note on the keyboard, but still no sound. I have not changed any routings or settings, every DSP input is configured exactly the same (at default settings), thats why I'm so confused.