• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Expression Pedal Recommendation

Expression Pedal Recommendation

I need to buy an expression pedal for Stradivari 2. Every time I find a reasonably priced product, reviews by users claim that the particular product does not draw a smooth expression curve, or the pedal itself does not have a wide smooth range.

Anyone have a recommendation of a good expression pedal for a Roland keyboard controller?

Traverse Bay

Re: Expression Pedal Recommendation

I use the Fatar VP/26 and it works well for me (smooth, full range). It's the same one kurzweil and roland sold for quite awhile. If you get the kurzweil you'll have to flip the polarity around (I think) which just means, trading the two non-ground wires inside (soldier). They're usually about $30.

I'm using two of these VP-26-U on my Elka Mk76.
    Definitely a good choice.

Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered the Fatar pedal last night for $29.95.

How can I tell which expression pedal will work with my keyboard? I have a Kawai MP4. ~ Eric

Yeah, me to. I have a Peavey DPM C8p Controller keyboard. It is now out of production, so they aren't making volume/expression pedals anymore. Looked around, but didn't find any Peavey volume pedals.

Was advised to use another volume pedal, but find out the value of the potentiometer of the Peavey and modify the new pedal accordingly.
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I Have an old ensoniq ts-10. Anyone know what, if any, pedal will work with it?

I was given a Roland EV-5 expression pedal for christmas and it works great.

I've got a dumb question: Is there a difference between what's called a volume pedal (like the Fatar) and an expression pedal? (At least as far the Strad is concerned.)
    DAW: Dual Core 5200 4GB 160 IDE 320 SATA Sonar 4/GIGA: P4 3.0 1.5GB GS3 80 SATA 160 SATA GS Orchestra

As far as Strad goes, I don't think it makes a difference as long as the pedal is set to control cc#11 which is what expression pedals do. On my Kawai I set what the pedal controls. ~Eric

Go Back to forum