• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strad 2.0 pitch weirdness

Share/Bookmark

Strad 2.0 pitch weirdness

I just received the new 2.0 Stradivari Violin, and it's simply amazing. Kudos to you Gary, and the rest of the team involved in bringing this to reality. I'm blown away.

However (there's always a "however', isn't there )

When I load the new 2.0 violin in the Kompact player, this is what I get when I hold out a single note, and move my expression fader on my keyboard (mapped to expression, of course)

listen here

That's holding down an Ab, and then a Db. It happens on any note of course, not just those two.

Now, This may be pilot error, as I am new to the Kompakt 2 interface, and maybe I've missed something.

But version 1 of the violin doesn't do that. The expression fader works as expected on that sample set.

Is this a bug, or my stupidity? Thanks in advance....

Re: Strad 2.0 pitch weirdness

I don't know what's causing that... but I know you scared the sh** out of my cat!

Jaimo,

I've moved this thread to Strad section of the forum. The issue you mention is probably related to this Strad support thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48718

Always check the designated section of the forum for information specific to a particular product. Often, you will find something related to your question.

Tom

Opps... Thanks Tom. I wasn't aware there was a dedicated Strad forum. Now I know!

However, when I try and access the download that is in that other thread, I simply get a page of hieroglyphics. Right clicking with my mouse usually gives me a "download as" option, but that link does not.

How can I get the Stard 2 fix that was linked there originally?

Edit... I saw the sticky about this, but can't access that file for download either. Certainly other mac users have accessed it, right? What am I doing wrong...?

Go Back to forum