• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT Ya gotta check this out...

Thumbs up OT Ya gotta check this out...

The Black Parade, My Chemical Romance's new CD is the best thing I have heard in a long time. I can't stop listening to it! Sorry for the way OT post but these guys are bringing back theatrical rock in a huge way and I just wanted to share...

Check out the Black Parade video at:

"Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: OT Ya gotta check this out...

I love My Chemical Romance. Their video for "Helena" from the last album was great. Everyone sort of laughed when MCR said their next release was going to be a concept/rock opera, even I chuckled alittle.

Overlooking the blatant pieces ripped from Pink Floyd and The Who, I was impressed. The opening track, "The End." is alittle too close to "In The Flesh?" for my taste - the instrumentation, presentation and its purpose on the CD all mirror "In The Flesh?'s."

And the opening riff to the lead single sounds similar to the opening segments of Tommy. But as I said, overlooking all of that - they did really well with it. Better they emulate The Wall and Tommy than Kilroy Was Here.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Hey Darren, wanna thank you for pointing me in the direction of this band. Ashamed to admit it, but I'd never even heard of them. The Green Day references alone would have turned me off. But man, what a single...

After having The Black Parade on constant repeat for the last couple of days, I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about a new album in years This wonderful new take on pomp rock sure helps to get rid of the stale taste that Bat out of Hell 3 left in my mouth.

Sure there are plenty of rip-off moments on the album, but it doesn't really bother me. Check their live version of "The End" on their myspace-page and you'll see they don't even seem to be trying to pretend it's not a huge In the Flesh rip-off.

I'd like to chime in with my thanks as well. I had never heard of the band, so I followed your suggestion and checked them out. Wow. I haven't been excited by a new band in SOOOOOO long. It's either individuas (Imogen Heap- WOW) or nothing these days. Thanks alot for the recommend- really great work.

Yeah, "Helena" kicks...but I really have to grit my teeth after awhile to enjoy the tune underneath the assinine mastering. Once or twice through in the car and I'm fumbling around for Get Yer Ya Yas Out!...and it ain't the music (strictly), but the mastering.

Glad you guys are enjoying them. Buy the album. The last song on the album is "Famous last Words" (aside from a bonus track at the end of the album after a long period of silence) It is so darn powerful. They do this build up near the end and the singer hits this note that is pure bliss. I have a Roland V-Drum set and play along to this album all the time. It might be the release of the endorphins, while drumming, but I really think this is some of the best music I have ever heard. Also check out the songs Cancer (great melody and lyrics), Mama (fantastic theatrical piece that trancends rock and is a combination of Broadway/German Waltz/Beer Parlor/Cabaret.

A review at Amazon.com

My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way has alternately described his band's third album as "completely over the top" and "borderline psychotic." But even those words can't adequately prepare fans of the group's 2004 platinum major-label debut, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, for the onslaught of twisted song suites, glam-rock cannon fire and drama-club theatrics that make up The Black Parade. Tracks like "Mama" and "The End" make "Bohemian Rhapsody" sound like "Blitzkrieg Bop." It's no coincidence that the disc feels as dizzyingly monumental as Green Day's American Idiot--after all, the two albums share the same label, producer, studio, janitorial team, and sense of apocalyptic dread. Similarly, The Black Parade will cast its creators in a completely new light. Despite its overly histrionic tendencies and a totally oddball cameo from Liza Minelli, it offers a clear signal that My Chemical Romance is ready to be taken seriously. --Aidin Vaziri

"Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum