• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ANNOUNCING: Rhythm Section Kit

Share/Bookmark

ANNOUNCING: Rhythm Section Kit

Available for preorder for only $65!

"Sessions: Rhythm Section" supplements NOTION's traditional orchestral library with the sounds of a contemporary rhythm section. This kit introduces NOTION's first drum set staff, taking you directly from notation to superb quality drum set sounds performed by Roy "FutureMan" Wooten. It features Victor Wooten on electric bass and Vernon Reid on electric guitar, providing a broad variety of techniques and dynamics. To complete the section, upright bass, Fender Rhodes electric piano, and Hohner Clavinet are also included.

This kit sounds amazing, guys. I'll try to get some audio here for everyone to hear, but definitely consider this one if you write for rock bands or film scores. We're very pleased with this kit and can't wait to hear the feedback.

Re: ANNOUNCING: Rhythm Section Kit

Cool! Not sure I will be getting this one this soon (I did come around and bought the Sax Kit and love it mind you)- what will be the regular price?

BTW- what is the ETA on the Solo Strings? That's one I'm DYING To buy. I am composing a piece for solo violin and cello for my wedding next year.

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    Cool! Not sure I will be getting this one this soon (I did come around and bought the Sax Kit and love it mind you)- what will be the regular price?

BTW- what is the ETA on the Solo Strings? That's one I'm DYING To buy. I am composing a piece for solo violin and cello for my wedding next year.
    I don't know about when they're planning on releasing it, but we've been working on it for a while. It's a very tough kit, so the delay may be simply making it sound realistic.

NICE! I'd rather wait and have a great sounding kit rather than it being rushed and not usable. Keep up the great work Jason!

Gimme,gimme!!!!!

JASON, JASON, JASON, JASON, what is the real deal. My demo version keeps crashing. "Notions has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Do you want to send an error report." Too, Too often is the case. I use the software that I truly love with fear and trembling and my pointer on the save button at all times for fear I loose my precious jewels that I have entered. PLEASE HELP. By far the easiest software to use and the sampling is wonderful. The few articulations work excellently, but the dynamics are superior to the compitition for doing what is expected of it.

Two major problems exists. The crashing and the imposible to print feature. In fact, it is when I am trying to print the score that the problems occur. Additionally, in one of my files I've had to remove the bottom half of the instruments and then print. Then, I have to save another copy of the file to remove the top half and print. This is the only solution I have found to print a full orchestra score. I am using the typical orchestra instruments plus piano (since the harp is not included in the demo version) and celest.

I have about ninety day left and I am getting frustrated with the printing issue. Oh yes, additionally, I have to remove all articulations, dynamics and slurs in order for the score to fit on eight and half by eleven inch paper.

I eagerly await your post for a possibl solution. Best wishes with your product. It is the best software for the true composer seeking only the best possible notation product with high-end sampling.

George, what platform are you using NOTION on? I have found the printing feature a little daunting too and realised that you have to make some changes on the settings in the printer properties. That said, if I try to print out on legal paper, sometimes it cuts off the basses and celli (using Classical Seating template #1).

While I have been able to print off smaller works with ease, I do find larger orchestral works to be a little more involved. I also noticed that the staves aren't lined up between pages so if one is scrolling between pages and wants to follow say, violins, they arent all lined up. I think a "global re-size" feature would be cool. I have no doubt that these types of things will be addressed as the program matures though.

I was able to print off everything quite nicely though on my NOTION demo a few months back even on letter sized paper so it's possible that it's just the current version. My scores would normally be re-sized to the correct paper. I do think adding instruments to a given template might also confuse the program's automatic layout and fonts.

Hi

I was wondering about the ETA on the new sound kit? I’ve pre-ordered my copy and can’t wait to get my hands on it. I know you guys at Notion are doing your best, it’s just that I just am looking forward to this one very much.

As for the printing issue, I also found the demo to handle that a bit better than the full blown program. I have a fairly nice printer, and can work things around fairly easily, but a larger complete score would be a bear, unless I was to do it by sections. When needed, I use 11x14" paper, and would gladly go to 11x17", though I can tell that would only be a partial remedy for a full sized score with a wide range of rhythm instruments, which I love to use.

I can, however, see the problem the software writers may have – as one adds slurs, articulations, etc...,. it widens the basic area allotted for each staff – which seems to be how a number of notation programs work. As each area is made wider, the margin at the bottom of each system gets moved lower for each page. It, at best, seems to be a give and take issue. I know a full sized score would be crunched up – which is how many "classical" scores look when printed off of a printer onto a standard sized paper (which those of us who study scores and "read" them as they are played well know).

This is what I thought the function "shrink to fit" meant. While I know it would be smaller - perhaps a bit too small -- it is still good to have that whole "snapshot" of a complete score, at least for me at my stage of development. The smaller ensemble stuff prints wonderfully, and actually to date, I’ve worked things around for my medium- sized scores. Of course, Notion is a work in progress and I’ve enjoyed it very much so far.

Hawksong

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksong
    Hi

I was wondering about the ETA on the new sound kit? I’ve pre-ordered my copy and can’t wait to get my hands on it. I know you guys at Notion are doing your best, it’s just that I just am looking forward to this one very much.
    We're shooting for November 10th. We hope to have it shipping by then, but recent developments make me think it's going to be a couple of days after that. That's why there's no firm date on the website.

As far as printing is concerned, I know we're working really hard on its functionality, and hopefully the next update (coming around the time of the Rhythm Kit) will include some upgrades to that feature.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Now, , back to work...

Hawksong

Go Back to forum