After the "silent Stradivari" problem has been fixed at last I was able to get my hands on this very expressive instrument; well, I've been using it for just three days, so I think I can do better than this, but nonetheless I'm excited about the results. It's the first movement of Bach's Concerto in A minor for violin and strings. Strings orchestra is mainly GOS and solo violin is of course Stradivari 2.0
Gary, thank you, I truly like this instrument. It has the playability of a physical model and the realism of the sample, and the controllers implementation give you endless articulation possibilities...
This concerto has always been one of my favourites, I used to play it on the flute years ago, but it really shines on the violin.
Thanks for your words,
Giorgio, this is how I did the solo stradivari part:
1) Played the whole score as musically as possible at reduced speed, say around 70 bpm (original is 104 bpm) taking care of phrasing, note velocities and vibrato intensity, with a fixed cc11 value to provide a constant instrument volume.
2) While playing back the recorded track I have added the cc11 in realtime, following the performance dynamics. At this stage of my learning curve, I wasn't able to control this parameter together with the rest, but i reckon it should probably give the best results.
The same, but with less attention to detail, applies to the orchestral parts.
The whole thing took about four hours...
I believe notation programs can't match the rhythmic complexity of a human performance, though some users in this forum do get excellent results.