• Register
  • Help

Topic: When planning on buying a new soundcard

Share/Bookmark

When planning on buying a new soundcard

Hi other GigaUsers,

I\'m a recent addition to the GigaUserGroup when I purchased a TerraTec EWX24/96 soundcard. I bought this soundcard especially because of the good reviews but, last and not neast, also because it came with Gigasampler LE.

Since a new Gigastudio 96 will cost you $399
    and a new terratec EWX24/96 soundcard will cost you $170 (Netherlands!). An upgrade to GS96 from GS LE costs $299. So for only $70 you\'ll have a new good quality soundcard and save $100!

This recommendation is for al soundcards that come with GS LE not only Terratecs of course though I\'m very pleased. Too bad they\'ll no longer do the upgrade for $149. This was even cheaper than buying a new GS96 with the added bonus of a new high quatlity soundcard.

Grtz,

Rob

Re: When planning on buying a new soundcard

Hi RobA,

I purchased a TerraTec EWX24/96 soundcard. I bought this soundcard especially because of the good reviews but, last and not neast, also because it came with Gigasampler LE.

Same as me RobA, the bundled software package really puts it ahead of the competiton in its price-range.

Too bad they\'ll no longer do the upgrade for $149.

Yes, a great pity. When you consider how weak the Australian dollar is against the US dollar (US$1=AUD$2), the $149 upgrade was fairly reasonable for such a tidy bit of kit. But the full-price upgrade makes it harder for me to justify to Mrs BluesMeister.

She no happy!

Since TASCAM are no longer supporting GigaSampler, I wonder how long it will be until audio card manufatureres will be bundling GigaStudio 32 instead of GigaSampler LE.

And will existing GS LE users be given the opportunity of obtaining GSt 32 (disk swap perhaps?) Perhaps you should pose that question over at the TASCAM GS site.

------------------
    BluesMeister

Re: When planning on buying a new soundcard

Well the reason that I wanted GS 96 in the first place was that this came with the GigaPiano. For now I\'m using GS only as a synth and not so much as something that is played from my sequencer.

I saw that the GigaPiano is originally $99. So I got that for $149 dollars with GS96.

I know I still had to pay for it all, Just not as much as I first thought.

Rob

Go Back to forum