• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB with iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo (1.5 Gig)

JABB with iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo (1.5 Gig)

I have just purchased JABB and after much reading and searching (manual, Forum, etc.) I am experiencing some issues that I hope could be solved through anyone's fruitfull insight. I am very much impressed with both the quality of the samples and the underlying idea behind many programming options that are well-outlined. But I cannot get to that level just yet as a few things are preventing me from going on further! I might be missing out on some obvious things, and I apologize for this, however I almost feel like I have installed older versions of everything?! so here goes....

1. Would you know whether it's normal to experience sound clipping/distortion after I begin to add around 3 or more voices to a score, whether in Sibelius or Cubase? Feeling there is a relation b/w iMac sound card and Kontakt, I tried altering latency parameters, without any success.

2. The Kontakt Player in Garritan Studio doesn't graphically refresh itself after making some changes, however, it would completely refresh once you change windows and return to Studio.

3. Again in Kontakt Player, at the bottom window, the Menu Window is 'greyed-out' (next to LOAD and SAVE buttons).

4. Cannot access 'Ambience Window' (as it is defaulted to NONE).

JABB w/ Garritan Studio 2.0
    Kontakt software:
    library: 1.0

Any insights would be helpful.

Orcas Island

Re: JABB with iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo (1.5 Gig)

Welcome to the forum!

I am very surpirsed you are getting any sound or functionality at all. The K2 version with Universal Binary compatibility is not yet released by NI.

After it is released (sometime in the next couple of weeks, I believe) we plan to finish the port to K2 for both GPO and JABB. We can't proceed to that step until we have the compatible version in our hands. Once we have completed the port (shouldn't take too long) we will need to do some testing and then they will be released to our users.

The Universal Binary version will be a free downloadable update to existing GPO users.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum