• Register
  • Help

Topic: JaBB inside HS4 = confused

JaBB inside HS4 = confused

I did search for answers to this, but obviously wasn't explicit enough .. since I don't know exactly what my problem is.

I am using JaBB ( DXi wrapped ) inside HS4 ( Sonar Home Studio 4 ).
    When pointing a single midi track of, say, 4 trombones ( 4 voices on one track ) to a single instance of a Trombone player, instead of getting a four voiced audio response, I only get a single audio voice coming back ???
    Yet, both the PianoRoll and the score window show a stave of 4 'active' voices. Also, the JaBB player window show the KEYBOARD with '4 active voices moving, yet I hear only one ... hmmm ...

My piano and guitar each output multi-voiced, single track appropriate sounds.

All of this tells me I have once again failed to connect the proper 'dots' somewhere. Jabb recognizes the 4 voiced , single MIDI track, yet I continue to hear only a 'single' voice out through audio ...

-- atonal

Re: JaBB inside HS4 = confused

JABB instruments like the trombone are designed to playback just one note at a time - just like a real instrument.

You need to use one instrument per voice and separate midi tracks.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: JaBB inside HS4 = confused

The "Lite" instruments, included in the update, have horns with adjustable polyphony.

Wink Re: JaBB inside HS4 = confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    The "Lite" instruments, included in the update, have horns with adjustable polyphony.

THanks for your patience. I don't usually use the 'lite' group, ... however,
    my 14 year old son just pointed out to me the adjustable polyphony setting, .. right in front of me ... good grief ... Life can be cruel when surrounded by your loving children ...

take care,

-- atonal

Go Back to forum