• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trilogy for Dual Intel Macbook Pro

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy for Dual Intel Macbook Pro

Hey Guys

Just bought Trilogy to run on my macbook dual intel & I cant seem to get it to work am running Pro Tools M Powered & Logic 7.2 but when I highlight the icon to adjust the memory I cant alter these figures with Pro Tools or Trilogy & Logic simply doesnt give me the option. When I boot up from my hard drive which is formatted as Mac OS Extended. It just gives me a message like this " A disk related Error occured while joining the segments. Unknown Error. Error ID - 61. Copy to destfile -open()"

Im not the greatest computer wiz so is probably something small, but i have done everything the instructions have said.

Any help would be much appreciated, cant wait to have a play.

Cheers
    James

Re: Trilogy for Dual Intel Macbook Pro

Is Trilogy supposed to work on IntelMac?

D

The only way to use the current version of Trilogy on an Intelmac like the macbook is to boot it under Windows XP.

Will it not also work under Rosetta?

Peace

rikp

Hi. I don't think rosetta will be of any help. I have a powerbook and don't ever even want to open rosetta. So Atmosphere gets used only on my G5.It is unfortuanate that Trilogy and Atmosphere aren't YET Universal.I'm doing more mobile stuff of late and the unfortuanate part is Atmosphere,Minimonsta and imposcar can't be used. On the up side.FM8,Absynth4,Battery3 and Massive as well as Live6 work fine on my powerbook.I am excited about the time when Atmos and Trilogy become Universal. More-so for Atmos. I'm thinking it will be a major update and would gladly pay for some features that in my mind are lacking just enough to make Atmosphere become an instrument that will no longer be viable for people to want to buy off the shelf.By that I mean it is somewhat static.Were as I think the next version will be much more flexible.So to take the long road here around to your question. Trilogy and Atmosphere are not mac intel compatible items running natively. Also have no desire to see anyform of Windows stuff on my Mac. So perhaps that is an option you can check out. JON

Hey Guys

Thanks heaps for your quick responses, so I am guessing that I'm screwed :/ if I choose not to run XP on the macbook? Does anyone know if Spetrasonic are working on an update as I would hate to have just lost $500. I can't seem to even find their web page www.spetrasonics.net ?

Thanks, I am such a tool, to many hours in front of this computer I think

Quote Originally Posted by James Canning
    Hey Guys

Thanks heaps for your quick responses, so I am guessing that I'm screwed :/ if I choose not to run XP on the macbook? Does anyone know if Spetrasonic are working on an update as I would hate to have just lost $500. I can't seem to even find their web page www.spetrasonics.net ?
    Since you are a brand new customer with only a Macintel computer, we'd recommend that you return the product to the dealer - since it is not currently Macintel compatible and we can't give a time at this point for an Macintel solution...so you'd be waiting a unfairly long time before you'd have something useable.

We can help you with the return process if you have trouble.

info@spectrasonics.net

best regards,

spectrum

Go Back to forum