• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vista Gets Official Release Dates

Share/Bookmark

Vista Gets Official Release Dates

Microsoft has set November 30 as the release date for Vista (and Office 2007) to business customers and January 30, 2007 as the date for the official launch to consumers and The World At Large.

Five years, three months and five days after Windows XP made its debut, Microsoft will usher its next-generation OS onto the stage.

APC has been advised by a very well placed source that January 30, 2007 is about to be announced as the official release date for Vista.

In addition, in a move that mirrors previous side-by-side launches of Microsoft's OS and Office suite (in the 95 and XP waves), Office 2007 will also touch down on that day.

Read more here

Thumbs up Re: Vista Gets Official Release Dates

Well the good news for me is that my new box will be "100%" ready for it, and the manufacturer of my sound card (ECHO) told me today that the drivers are being developed already - even for older models that are out of production.
    If all our software will be ok with it, this will be great! I will be able to use all 4 gigs o' RAM - AND you can even use a USB stick to add "memory" to your computer for system rescources to chew on.
    Cool Stuff!
    Thanks for the update GG!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Vista Gets Official Release Dates

I guess we've waited this long - three more months is not big deal. :-)

RC2 is a pretty nice build. I've gotten a lot of traction with it and the chipset on the motherboard. I'm really looking forward to the time I can get my FireWire audio interface working with it. (FW-1884)
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    I'm really looking forward to the time I can get my FireWire interface working with it.
    Is your Firewire straight out of your MoBo or through a PCI slot? What kind of trouble are you having with firewire?

Thanks Houston,
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Nothing with FireWire - as in the 1394 stack... it's about the audio driver for my FW-1884 - they're still working out issues, that's all.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    AND you can even use a USB stick to add "memory" to your computer for system rescources to chew on.
    Really ??? Can I read something about it somewhere ????

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Really ??? Can I read something about it somewhere ????
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...s/default.mspx

Hit the "Performance" text
    Scroll down to 'Windows Ready Boost'

I guess the pertinent question here is, is this the 32 bit version only or does it also include the 64 bit version?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomcatII
    I guess the pertinent question here is, is this the 32 bit version only or does it also include the 64 bit version?

Tom
    I believe it "supports" both. I don't think there is a different "X64" type version (except for testing) - I could be wrong though....

The "rumours" I've been seeing around the web are that the 32 bit version would be the one released at the first of the year and that the 64 bit version wouldn't be coming out until around june or july of 2007 BUT, those are JUST rumours...

Tom

Go Back to forum