• Register
  • Help

Topic: Live webcast of a coronary bypass operation

Live webcast of a coronary bypass operation

If you are interested in the field of medicine, check this out:

TYLER, TX— On November 2, 2006 at 6 p.m. CST Trinity Mother Frances Health System's Center For Advanced Surgery And Technology (CASAT) will host a live Webcast of a minimally invasive coronary artery bypass surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical robot. The Webcast will feature CASAT co-medical director and cardiovascular surgeon William F. Turner, Jr., MD of Turner Cardiovsacular Associates, who has performed over 100 robot-assisted heart surgeries and 1,651 beating heart bypass operations.

The Webcast is broadcast free of charge around the world.

This is the same coronary artery bypass surgery that I underwent and also the same heart surgeon. It may be a bit traumatic for me to watch for that reason.

The live webcast begins at 6:00 p.m. Central Standard (USA) time. Here is the URL:

Click on the OR-Live link.

Larry G. Alexander

West Seneca, NY

Re: Live webcast of a coronary bypass operation

Is it accompanied by one of your musical scores?

Dallas, TX

Re: Live webcast of a coronary bypass operation

Very interesting, i may watch that. When i had cable tv, there was some station that had stuff like on and i watched one, i think it was the installation of a stint, but not sure. It was not as bad to watch as i thought it would be, though there was one part that made me look away.

They are probably using a robot so they can't sue him. That's my lame joke of the day.

I think they are now using robotics in the common eye surgeries now, like for cataracts and things.

Go Back to forum