• Register
  • Help

Topic: Xylomarimba in JABB?

Share/Bookmark

Xylomarimba in JABB?

Hi!

Could someone send some sample of the vibrafone in JABB, because I couldn't find it in the demos (or then I missed it). I would really like to see some xylomarimba in JABB (I don't like what the vibrafone sounds like in JABB), because it's very much used especially in some film music when there is big band.

Check corpse bride for example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VIXBOm268

Is there any sound like this in JABB (the very xylomarimba in the beginning)? There is xylofone in GPO, but it isn't quite like that.. I would like that kind of instrument so much! Any chance to get it?

Re: Xylomarimba in JABB?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Is there any sound like this in JABB (the very xylomarimba in the beginning)? There is xylofone in GPO, but it isn't quite like that.. I would like that kind of instrument so much! Any chance to get it?
    We'll put it on the list of possibilities but we have no plans to do this at present. If I were you I'd try some creative EQ on either the GPO Xylophone or Marimba. You might try layering a combination of the two. If you have the full version of Kontakt you could even try some sample mapping modifications to alter their sound.

Could someone send some sample of the vibrafone in JABB, because I couldn't find it in the demos (or then I missed it). I would really like to see some xylomarimba in JABB (I don't like what the vibrafone sounds like in JABB), because it's very much used especially in some film music when there is big band.
    I don't recall if I've heard anyone do a demo piece using the vibes but you lost me on the rest of your comment - you make it sound like you haven't heard the vibes in JABB but then state that you don't like the way they sound. Puzzling. Of course, no vibraphone will sound like the recorded example you posted - different instrument. The vibes in JABB sound like a standard vibraphone, the kind players such as Milt Jackson, Gary Burton, Bobby Hutcherson, Lionel Hampton, and Red Norvo play in a jazz context.

Tom

Go Back to forum