• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Hummingbird"

Share/Bookmark

"Hummingbird"

Bird Lovers,

This is my "Hummingbird", a musical depiction from early morning torpor to frantic, frenzied activity among the flower blossoms.

This required much work and a lot of tweaking.

Featured is the GPO Steinway piano.

Regards,

Larry

http://www.alexandermusic.com
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Hummingbird"

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Larry,

Most excellent! I could almost see those little wings a'flappin' away!

My wife and I call them "Joy Birds." We have a lot of them here in S. Cal.

Did you play that in real time, or do I remember that you use some other method?

Ern
    I can't play quiiiiiiite that fast so I moused in each note one at a time.

Thanks for listening. My best to you and your better half.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,
    That little bird feels livelier in the morning than I do! (I would submit that Larry Alexander may actually be incapable of depicting "torpor".) A real charmer and cheerer-upper.

I feel sorry for the poor mouse that had to write all those notes, though. I hope he was well paid!

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Larry,
    That little bird feels livelier in the morning than I do! (I would submit that Larry Alexander may actually be incapable of depicting "torpor".) A real charmer and cheerer-upper.

I feel sorry for the poor mouse that had to write all those notes, though. I hope he was well paid!
    The mouse died...from overwork.

Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Dan. They are appreciated.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

This reminded me of my kid's pet hamster working away on the spinning wheel. After listening I had to take a deep breath. I was really winded.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto
    Larry,

This reminded me of my kid's pet hamster working away on the spinning wheel. After listening I had to take a deep breath. I was really winded.

Tom
    It reminds me of my ex-wife's mouth.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

OH my this was fun--Thanks for posting this, Larry.

The strong bass line in this gave quite an edge of determination to the little bird's fierce industriousness. Nice.

Only today I've finally been able to log-in to Northern Sounds after a year's absence!--incredible problems with the system. This is the first reply I've posted and I'm glad it's in response to such a wonderful piece of music.

Thank you!
    rbowser

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    OH my this was fun--Thanks for posting this, Larry.

The strong bass line in this gave quite an edge of determination to the little bird's fierce industriousness. Nice.

Only today I've finally been able to log-in to Northern Sounds after a year's absence!--incredible problems with the system. This is the first reply I've posted and I'm glad it's in response to such a wonderful piece of music.

Thank you!
    rbowser
    Many thanks, new-member-from-Oregon-just-above-California-and-below-Washington.

Welcome to the group.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry:

Yeah, the birds were humming along alright. I have a hummingbird feeder just outside my studio window and I watch 40-50 a day come and tank up on the sugar and water mixture that my wife makes for them.

They are so cute and the males are especially handsome with the red on their heads.

Enjoyed the pace of this piece and the periodic trills. The bass really drives this piece, but with the upper part soaring at breakneck speed, it doesn't sound too harsh.

I'll open my window and see if the hummingbirds like this accompaniment to their feeding adventures........

Take care and keep us posted on everything........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hummingbirds are fun to watch but the males can be meaner than a junkyard dog when they are defending "their" territory.

Thanks for the nice comments, Mr. Jack.

Regards,

Larry Bird
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast