• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Strad-Albinoni

Share/Bookmark

Strad-Albinoni

Here's an exerpt from Albinoni's Adagio; this piece is very popular in Italy (I wonder whether it is so well known abroad). It was originally written for strings and organ, I have rearranged it for violin and strings.
    Any comments appreciated...

Roberto

http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/robs...i/Albinoni.mp3

click on 'scarica'

Re: Strad-Albinoni

Roberto,

Bene magnifico (hope I got it right!). You have given this work, Albinoni's best known work, a wonderful arrangement with the GPO strings and the Strad. I hope that you will complete the work.

Thanks for sharing it here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Gary, thank you, i will finish it asap. By the way, i've listened to your bach transcriptions for brass choir, i like them very much... real instruments are still my favourite sound, if you can afford it .

bye

Roberto

Roberto, I think that it is universaly well know.

I'm Greek and I have heard if in Greece, and also in the UK (2 countries out). Plus it was used by the Doors, on the album "An American Prayer" with words by Jim and music by...various... The poetry is fantstic and towards he end they use the adagio of albinoni.

I'm listening right now, and it is a very sensetive work. Of course the composition "awards" don't go to you, but the production is top notch indeed. Maybe the violin sounds a little too loud?

Don't know what the production situation was when recording the Strad, but if you had a real orchestra the solo violin, would be a little "further away" from the mics. And most probably softer.

But the articulations, dynamics and the backdrop strings are marvelous, are sijply stunning!

PS1. The cadense in 2:08 and further sounds rather fake... I can't tell why cause I dont' uise the Strad, but indeed it sounds a little bit... all the same... (talking about the arpeggios mainly).

PS2. But the strings sooooo make up for it afterwads.

Bravissimo!

PS3. I reckon that it HAS TO BE the writing more than the prodction in this one that makes the track sounds sooo marvelous. I'm not trying to deprive the value of your production or Garys products (which I always praise as they are indeed marvelous!), but I'm trying to bring value to Albinoni, and the compositional process, as well the orchestrational one, as it is my strong belief that it is the first thing that counts in the final process. Hope you understand what I mean.

Either way I thank you deeply for bringing this back to me (which I don't have in an original reocrding) and reminding me the beauty of "older" music (which as a PhD student and trying to be original tend to forget).

There:

I high jacked this thread competly. Allow me to appologise for this. Please praise this music, this production and this feeling. Praise the insturments made with love by Gary and "his" team. Praise this community. (In other words, THANK YOU, from me )

PSS> shamelessy saying this:

I had a little trouvle downloading the file from that site. :-/ I dont' speak Italian... If by any chance it is a matter of not having webspace, there are plenty of alternatives:

i. PM me or e-mail me with the file and I'll gladly host it forever (withitn reason).
    ii. Sign up to soundclick
    iii. Sing up to myspace
    iv. Go to www.cgempire.com (which offers free webspace for music in the File Area)

Mod: If by any means, I'm too shameless please edit my post. I dont' mind. Just trying to help...

Roberto:

Marvelous reproduction and use of the Strad. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this inspirational composition and it was especially satisfying to know that Gary's libraries were used to make this beautiful music.

BRAVO, ROBERTO.......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

BRAVO!!! , Roberto

One of my all time favorite works!

Your rendering was fantastic.. The solo strings were amazing..(perhaps a touch high in volume at times) but yet, I quickly forgot I was listening to samples.

wow!..

I'll be listening for quite a while.

.. And yes, please do finish this!! ASAP

~Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob
    Here's an exerpt from Albinoni's Adagio; this piece is very popular in Italy (I wonder whether it is so well known abroad). It was originally written for strings and organ, I have rearranged it for violin and strings.
    Any comments appreciated...

Roberto

http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/robs...i/Albinoni.mp3

click on 'scarica'
    Roberto,
    Simply beautiful. Your arrangement is superb. You are becoming quite the virtuoso with the Strad. You produced a very emotional and heart-wrenching performance.

Albinoni's Adagio is also very popular in the USA as well. And your arrangement is one of the better that I've heard.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Nikolas, thank you for taking the time to listen and comment in detail, I need this kind of criticism...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Roberto, I think that it is universaly well know.

I'm Greek and I have heard if in Greece, and also in the UK (2 countries out). Plus it was used by the Doors, on the album "An American Prayer" with words by Jim and music by...various... The poetry is fantstic and towards he end they use the adagio of albinoni.
    I didn't know that; so my idea to strike the forum with an unknown masterpiece was wrong...

Don't know what the production situation was when recording the Strad, but if you had a real orchestra the solo violin, would be a little "further away" from the mics. And most probably softer.
    I think you are right here, i've remixed the track slightly lowering the volume and adding a bit more reverb

PS1. The cadense in 2:08 and further sounds rather fake... I can't tell why cause I dont' uise the Strad, but indeed it sounds a little bit... all the same... (talking about the arpeggios mainly).
    I can't hear exactly what you mean, but I think this could be a matter of taste...

I had a little trouvle downloading the file from that site. :-/ I dont' speak Italian... If by any chance it is a matter of not having webspace, there are plenty of alternatives:...
    This is something I want to fix rather soon, maybe open a personal website, it is pretty easy nowadays...

Thanks again

Roberto

Jack and Jeff, thank you so much for listening and for your kind words

Roberto

wow, Gary, thank you so much, your appreciation means a lot to me...

Well, time to get back to work and finish this

my best

Roberto

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast