• Register
  • Help

Topic: TERRATEC 24/96 AND G SAMPLER

Share/Bookmark

Re: TERRATEC 24/96 AND G SAMPLER

Do you have any other cards on the system?
    and what do the new drivers claim to improve?

TERRATEC 24/96 AND G SAMPLER

CAN ANYONE HELP HERE? I\'M DESPERATE! I HAD GIGASAMPLER RUNNING FINE WITH THE TERRATEC EWX 24/96 UNTIL I DOWNLOADED NEW DRIVERS FOR THE CARD FROM THE WEBSITE. NOW I CANT EVEN OPEN THE PROGRAM, I GET A MESSAGE SAYING I DONT HAVE A GIGA COMPATIBLE SOUNDCARD. THIS IS ****** ODD AS I GOT THE SOFTWARE WITH THE CARD! HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM, OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? CHEERS

Hi,
    did you say you use GigaSampler (as opposes to GigaStudio)? The new WDM drivers only work with GigaStudio. If you need to use GigaSampler you need to stick to Vxd drivers and Win98SE/WinME.

Best Regards
    Friedhelm Birth
    TerraTec Electronic GmbH

to Blip:

Hi there...well I have even worse problem..
    I have EWS88MT and Gigastudio160 under 98SE, all was working perfectly except that I couldn\'t use Sonar and Giga together, so I was so happy when I saw new WDM GSIF driver was out. Uninstalled the old EWS drivers installed the new ones, and now nothing works...98SE is acting very strange, the machine is blocking, EWS has a yellow mar in control panel saying that device loaders could not start the drivers, trying to configure win media player to use my SB live as it alwasys used to do causes system hang, all in all a nightmare...and I had a very good system that I invested a lot of time to tweak... ...
    EWS has it\'s own IRQ, and basicly nothing changed in my system except trying to install new EWS driver...now alltough I can go back to old EWS drivers and then the card works fine, my system still stays buggy and unstable..tryed upgrading to ME, everything stays the same...
    Looks like I\'ll have to go for a new clean install OS, which is so bad, because I\'ll loose so much time seting up and tweaking the new OS... ..
    Blip can you help..altough I really can\'t see any other sollution right new then doing a clean install..

ALex

Go Back to forum