• Register
  • Help

Topic: How we become attached ...

Share/Bookmark

Red face How we become attached ...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    My sister gave me a Lovebird for Christmas back in 1995 when I lived alone in a one bedroom cottage. I thought, what the heck am I to do with a bird? Long story short, the bird became quite a companion to have around. She was always singing and playing around with things especially loved to hop on the piano keys when I played. (I really think she was trying to get me to stop )
    Anyway, we had to take her into the vet last night. The vet didn't think it was worth trying and gave her an antibiotic shot along with treatment for me to give her every twelve hours. Poor little thing ... I was torn between putting her to sleep or watching her all night until the time came. Well, she is still with us and we have her on antibiotic therapy.
    Just like my sister, this little bird is a fighter! I don't know why I wrote this. I guess I just needed to get it off my chest.
    Funny how we get attached to even what seems the small of life. Turns out, this bird means as much because it was my sister who brought her up, hand fed her, and gave her to me.
    Styxx

Re: How we become attached ...

If you like birds, don't go see the movie The Prestige.

Then again, if you like great films, see it anyway! (Just don't tell your lovebird that you saw it...)

Animals are very much an extension of our family, I care very deeply for my best friends that are my cat and dog, they are in every bit a part of my family.
    www.energiestudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crossingsound
    Animals are very much an extension of our family, I care very deeply for my best friends that are my cat and dog, they are in every bit a part of my family.
    Same here, I'll be crush when i loose mine...I'm sade just to think about it...

... and looks like I'll will shellter and other cat for this winter. The poor little kitti cant see very well and is in a very bad shape. I'm slowly attracting him to the basement where he will pass winter...

This is becoming a community project, the lady who works at the dinner next to my house fead him all summer, and now my neiborg, yes my neiborg i was just about to shoot is feeding her too so maybe he's not so bad after all...we even talked to day...Looks like we might finnaly get along due to this experience...

OK, i better get something to eat cause i can barely write my name right.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    ...he's not so bad after all...we even talked to day...Looks like we might finnaly get along due to this experience...
    Sometimes it takes a moment like this to remember that we all have a lot more in common than we think. Little creatures are truly a blessing.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum