• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aftertouch - cc131?

Aftertouch - cc131?

I read in the manual I could replace aftertouch by controller 131 - which I thought is non existent as cc numbers end at 127 ?

It would be nice to get a hint how to achieve that

Thanks and

Best wishes

Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Re: Aftertouch - cc131?

CC# 131 exists as a virtual controller on some M-Audio keyboards. You can assign it to a slider to be used instead of the Aftertouch, the keyboard doesn't support.

Some keyboards - I think mainly from M-Audio - have the functionality of assigning different sliders and knobs to control various CC#'s.

To assign aftertouch to a slider with an M-Audio keyboard, you assign (using the keyboard functions, not doing anything in your DAW of JABB) CC#131 to that slider - I think this is just an M-Audio CC reference that doesn't really mean anything other than telling the M-Audio keyboard to transmit aftertouch information if that particular slider is moved.

EDIT: Nickie, you posted whilst I was still writing - I think your response is much clearer than mine
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

thank you both

Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Uli Reuter
    thank you both

May I add my thanks, as I too have often wonder about that.
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/

Go Back to forum