(Opus 1, Kontakt 2.11 user, only freeware IRs so far)
1. Do the vsl samples include early reflections, and how do you deal with it (when adding reverb)?
2. Do you use a fade in on the hall IRs to get rid of their ERs? (since vsl samples already got enough ER?
3. Do you use IRs of both early reflections (ER) and "hall" type reverbs? Scoring stage IRs?
4. do you set predelay for only the ERs?
5. What is a scoring stage? (reverb-time, early reflections, usage of IR?)
6. OT: When using stereo IRs, not true stereo, is there any difference if monoizing of the dry sound is done before or after sending to the convolution reverb? Is it best to send monoized sound to the stereo ir reverb? Does it really matter? (I´m asking since I want to monoize the dry sound in the host, Cubase SL, instead of in Kontakt2, since I think it consumes less cpu.
Feel free to give your comments on my newbie questions.
Last edited by drjohnny79; 11-09-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Reason: No1 replied before.
Yes, I know - there seems to be a problem with the "Search"-function of our forum since quite some time now ... :-/ ... that's why I try to keep certain threads in mind and link to them manually whenever someone asks a related question ... 8-]
PS ... thanks for giving those kudos to me, Dave [blush]