• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lullaby

Share/Bookmark

Lullaby

Now after some time I would like to present a new piece of mine. It is not really a Lullaby, it's more a phantasy abaut a childs dream. But take a look and enjoy.

Lullaby

New version

Rudolf

Re: Lullaby

Lovely work, Locis--And I like your description of your piece as a fantasy. As I listened, I was inside the child's dream and it felt familiar, perhaps because I still dream like a child.

Thank you for this.

rbowser

A pleasingly delicate, dream-like, fantastical
    lullaby, Rudolph. Very clean, clear writing in
    this, which I appreciate!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Lovely work, Locis--And I like your description of your piece as a fantasy. As I listened, I was inside the child's dream and it felt familiar, perhaps because I still dream like a child.

Thank you for this.

rbowser
    Thanks for listening!
    When you was inside of a childs dream, I'm happy with my work... Yes, it is good to carry a part of our childhood through the years and not to forget, who we were.

Rudolf

How could you invent this one!!!

Marvellous....clear rendering... nice instrumentation... very delicious rhythm.

Why isn't there an orchestra that plays all those fine pieces of Garritan-composers in real life on a regular basis? Gary... you have contacts in the musical world..... lobby!!!

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    A pleasingly delicate, dream-like, fantastical
    lullaby, Rudolph. Very clean, clear writing in
    this, which I appreciate!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I tried to create simple melodies, which could be easily sung, but on the other hand are not usual. Of course the influences are evident... Did you noticed the notes of the oboe not in the solo part, but in the harmonies (no, its not him, who has influenced this piece)?

Thank you for listening and for your time, you take to write this kind words.

My best wishes to you,

Rudolf

Rudolf,

What a lovely work. Simple but very whimsical, twisting and turning harmonically, always keeping me guess where it will go next. And then the same with the orchestration displaying a fine selection of GPO instruments.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I tweaked the MIDI-data a little bit. The strings have now some articulations. And the music is now a little louder, because I recognized, that box.net puts the volume level down. For comparison I'll post two links for some time.

The new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    How could you invent this one!!!

Marvellous....clear rendering... nice instrumentation... very delicious rhythm.

Why isn't there an orchestra that plays all those fine pieces of Garritan-composers in real life on a regular basis? Gary... you have contacts in the musical world..... lobby!!!

Raymond
    Thank you, Raymond for listening and applause!

I'm glad, you like the piece. Some music from here is played already by an real orchestra, though I think it would not work to play all of it... But we can try to convince Gary ...

Go Back to forum