• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO KS with finale 2007

Share/Bookmark

GPO KS with finale 2007

hi, i've got finale 2007 with GPO, and i can't find a way to use some of the brass tecniques such as the mute or (most important) the stopped or bouchès tecnique...does somebody knows how to do that? please, help me!

Re: GPO KS with finale 2007

You need to be more specific about what's not working for you.

Are you using the correct expressions? (with no playback specific)
    Is the GPO KS techinique checked to be used in the HP preferences?
    Do you have the correct KS instruments loaded? (from the notation set)

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    You need to be more specific about what's not working for you.

Are you using the correct expressions? (with no playback specific)
    Is the GPO KS techinique checked to be used in the HP preferences?
    Do you have the correct KS instruments loaded? (from the notation set)

JT
    1) i can't find the right expressions or articulation shape to apply (it should be something like "bouches" or the articulation "+")
    2) yes, i've checked the HP preferences and it's all activated
    3) i've loaded frome the brass section: horn, trumpet, trombone and tuba, they should have this kind of KS

it works with the strings (pizz., tremolo, arco ect...), but there aren't any expression for the brass...

Quote Originally Posted by Downgrade
    1) i can't find the right expressions or articulation shape to apply (it should be something like "bouches" or the articulation "+")
    2) yes, i've checked the HP preferences and it's all activated
    3) i've loaded frome the brass section: horn, trumpet, trombone and tuba, they should have this kind of KS

it works with the strings (pizz., tremolo, arco ect...), but there aren't any expression for the brass...
    Hi Mr Downgrade,

HP will work fine with "+" articulation and will catch it as bouché on horn parts. You can find this articulation in the Default file, slot#23 (Metatool using "I" key).

If you want a mute effect on brass, just create a purely textual expression saying "mute", "mute on", "mutes", "straight mute", "st. mute", "standard mute", "str. mute", "straight", "con sord.", "con sordino", "sordino", "sordini", "sourd.", "sourdine", "sourdines", "mit Dämpfer", "sord.", "mdpf", "mit dpf";
    Cancel the mute with another expression saying "senza sordino", "senza sordini", "senza sord.", "ohne Dämpfer", "odpf", "öffen", "ôtez les sourdines", "ôtez la sourdine", "open", "mute off", "mute out", "no mute", "alzato", "aperto", "open horn", "ouvert".

Generally speaking, you don't need to deal with KS or MIDI data directly if you use HP; just use plain, normal notation, and HP will take of the rest for you. Of course, this assumes that your are using KS instruments from the "Notation" folder (it won't work otherwise).

Let me know if you need more light.
    Best,
    Robert
    PS: along with The free maintenance update Finale 2007a will be released a comprehensive GPO/JABB/Finale/HP tutorial written by Darcy, one of best expert in the field.

thank you everyone, but i found out the the real problem is that my instruments are not KS instruments! i have the hp tecnique but the instuments is not ks...so, is there a way to download and install new instruments (KS) in GPO for Finale 2007? It should be a .nki file...

thank you everyone, but i found out the the real problem is that my instruments are not KS instruments! i have the hp tecnique but the instuments is not ks...so, is there a way to download and install new instruments (KS) in GPO for Finale 2007? It should be a .nki file...
    There are no KS wind instruments in Finale GPO... (I thought you were running the Full GPO).
    This is how Marketing creates a need, I suppose...

Cheers
    Robert

so Full GPO and Finale GPO are different things...i didn't know that...

so i have to take the full GPO and install it in Finale 2007...

thx anyway...

thx anyway...

NO! NO! NO! "Don't do it Miss Ceely! Don't do it Miss Ceely! NO! NO! NO! I am sure you are dealing with knowlegable people here, but, before you do any thing find the posts on this site from Nickie. She has posted links that take you to the files you need to install (copy and paste to the Finale 2007 Vist folder.) First you will need to buy the full GPO to get a couple of the files. Second, you will have to look in a Folder in the program file section on your computer for a Folder entitled Final 2006 where you will find one of the files. The files need to be copied and pasted into Finale 2007 VST folder. That is not the end of the story. There are some interesting bugs in using this method. One day it works wonderfully and another day it does not. Why I am not sure. I believe they can be fixed, but are very time consuming. I have decided to be patient and wait for the full GPO to be upgraded to work with the Kontakt 2 player. In Finale 2007 the full GPO must use the Kontakt 1 player and therefore you can not set it to play throught "Native Instruments VST" under the Midi menu. When it works the results are stupendous. When it does not work it is supernaturally frustrading and takes away from the creative side of all of this notation/composing/sequencing/fun.
    Last edited by Samantha Penigar; 11-12-2006 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

thx anyway...
    Here is the path to Nickie Fonshauge. She is a senior member.

Under "Garritan Orchestra"; "Support and Technical"; "Finale 2007 and Garritan Libraries"; it is the seventh post down to Nickie Fonshauge. This is where you will find a link she has provided. Good luck.

Go Back to forum