• Register
  • Help

Topic: If Only It Had Midi Out ...

Share/Bookmark

If Only It Had Midi Out ...

It could be the next generation of controllers (yes, I am kidding)

When is an electronic piano more than just a piano? When it's the Blue Man Group Keyboard Experience. This 37-key synthesizer keyboard offers a variety of instrument voices, including organ, guitar, trumpet, violin, strings, drums, slap bass, and others. Motion-sensitve tubes line the top and side of the keyboard. These tubes are used by waving your hands in front of them and can function as different drum voices, to "remix" one of the ten pre-programmed songs, or to adjust tempo and volume.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FBWFQG

You know 10 years down the road someone will retro use one of these as a nostalgic joke.

Re: If Only It Had Midi Out ...

Man! I REALLY want one of these! For the musician who has everything this is the must have Christmas present!!

Barrie B

It doesn't need midi out - it stores the player's motions in "wave" files ...

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie
    It doesn't need midi out - it stores the player's motions in "wave" files ...

Ernie
    I just ordered one for my kid(s). I will let you know how it is (if I get a chance to play with it).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    I just ordered one for my kid(s). jeffn1
    YEAH, RIGHT!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    YEAH, RIGHT!

BB
    Ok, well one day I might have kids . . .

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Thanks for this post- how much fun is that! I just bought the BlueMan percussion instrument, the sister product to the keyboard, for one of my wife's Christmas presents. She is a music therapist and will absolutely have a blast using this in her practice!
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Go Back to forum