• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: More Registration Madness

Share/Bookmark

Question More Registration Madness

Hi All,

I just bought JABB and it is giving me the "System ID Invalid" error message. Do you guys know what's up? I have emailed tech support several times and not heard back from them. I don't think I have changed anything on my system in a long time other than updates to other music software and adding some RAM. Would this cause this error. I'm running GPO.

So confused...
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: More Registration Madness

Adding RAM to your system will cause the problem.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Adding RAM to your system will cause the problem.

Jim
    Swell, what now? I will scrounge around the NI site to find out, but if you happen to know off hand...

Thanks for your reply.

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

If your System ID has changed, you will have to re-register. Use the Registration Tool for it.

Match the System ID displayed by the Registration Tool against the one found on the registration page on NI. If they are different, it's registration time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    If your System ID has changed, you will have to re-register. Use the Registration Tool for it.

Match the System ID displayed by the Registration Tool against the one found on the registration page on NI. If they are different, it's registration time.
    Thank you for your help. I am sorry to be dumb about this, but you're saying I have to re-register my GPO in order for my JABB to be able to be registered? Thanks Nickie

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll
    Thank you for your help. I am sorry to be dumb about this, but you're saying I have to re-register my GPO in order for my JABB to be able to be registered? Thanks Nickie

~Paula
    Sorry, I misread your post No, you are right, GPO and JABB should not have anything to do with each other registration wise. I am afraid I cannot help you, then. I have the same kind of trouble with Stradivari 2 and Kontakt 2, and I have had only little and not very useful help from NI support.

I don't think more RAM is the issue. Last year I was able to add RAM and exchange the CPU without needing to re-register GPO. JABB is based on Kontakt Player 1 like GPO, so authorization should be similar.

One thing I am interested in, though: does JABB come with a Registration Tool or a Service Center? They basically do the same, but the Service Center is the new generation and maybe not quite bug free.

One thing I am interested in, though: does JABB come with a Registration Tool or a Service Center? They basically do the same, but the Service Center is the new generation and maybe not quite bug free.
    Yes - it has the tool just like GPO. And, I finally saw the link to check my GPO profile and saw that my system ID is different from what the registration tool in JABB says. I don't understand how it all works so I am sunk until tech support can get to me.

Do you think that if I re-register GPO that it might reflect the same ID that JABB is trying to register and it might work? I am afraid to re-register and lose my GPO. I use it on a daily basis and I would die without it.

Well, I appreciate your help. If I ever get to talk to someone, I will post the results.

Thanks!
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Yes - it has the tool just like GPO. And, I finally saw the link to check my GPO profile and saw that my system ID is different from what the registration tool in JABB says. I don't understand how it all works so I am sunk until tech support can get to me.
    Different System ID's don't mean anything. I have 4 NI products installed on the same PC, and not two of them share the same System ID.

I don't blame you for not understanding how it works. Sometimes I get the feeling, that not even the guys at NI fully understand it.

Do you think that if I re-register GPO that it might reflect the same ID that JABB is trying to register and it might work?
    Re-registration of GPO won't help. In fact, if you de-register GPO without making any hardware changes, you are really in trouble, since you can not re-register it with the same System ID (there are workarounds, but they certainly don't make life easier!).

If you compare the System ID from JABB's Registration Tool with the one from NI's registration page, do they match 100%?

If you compare the System ID from JABB's Registration Tool with the one from NI's registration page, do they match 100%?
    Yes...good idea, but that link seems to be working fine. Just keep getting that darned System ID invalid error. And, still waiting on support to email me.... Thanks for your help, though.
    Cheers!
    Paula

Hi All,

I just bought JABB and it is giving me the "System ID Invalid" error message. Do you guys know what's up? I have emailed tech support several times and not heard back from them. I don't think I have changed anything on my system in a long time other than updates to other music software and adding some RAM. Would this cause this error. I'm running GPO.

So confused...
    ~Paula
    Drumroll,

I bought JABB with Finale 2006/Win more than a year ago, and have been locked out of registering, with the explanation that my e-mail was already in use! I too have not qualified for a reply from Garritan, and Finale washes their hands of the matter, although it was MakeMusic that sold it to me.

I have had JABB for more than a year but it just sits in its case. I hope you have better luck. From the notes on the various threads, it appears some people have been more successful, so it appears to be possible.

Don C.

Go Back to forum