• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems using TWO Audiophile's

Share/Bookmark

Problems using TWO Audiophile\'s

After having run GigaStudio on 1 Audiophile card without any problems, I decided to add a 2nd card to give me more outputs. Unfortunately, I cannot get them to work properly.

Under Windows 98SE, the 2nd card will slowly drift out of sync, resulting in choppy and distorted output. I tried feeding the SPDIF output of one card to the other and syncing to that, and admittedly it improves things somewhat, but still after a minute or two the second card starts to distort.

I was told that this problem might not occur under Windows XP, but unfortunately I\'m running into a different problem there: GigaStudio 2.50.46 refuses to address both cards simultaneously, that is, in the Hardware Setup panel I get two identical but separate choices for GSIF drivers, one for each card. In both cases, only outputs 1-4 (the outputs of that particular card) are enabled.

In both cases I\'m using the very latest drivers.

Any advice for either problem?

Thanks a lot,

-- dj!

[This message has been edited by djex (edited 02-28-2002).]

Re: Problems using TWO Audiophile\'s

> GigaStudio 2.50.46 refuses to address both cards simultaneously

That\'s true of any version...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    > GigaStudio 2.50.46 refuses to address both cards simultaneously

That\'s true of any version...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it isn\'t--Midiman (or M-Audio) provide drivers that allow you to use multiple cards, which appear to programs as though they were one single card with a lot of outputs. It works under 98SE but as I said the cards aren\'t synced properly for some reason.

-- dj!

Well, that\'s an M-Audio issue then. Their tech support is pretty responsive; you should contact them.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    Well, that\'s an M-Audio issue then. Their tech support is pretty responsive; you should contact them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured it must be a driver problem and contacted M-Audio tech support quite a while ago, but so far I haven\'t been able to get anything useful out of them. That\'s why I figured somebody here might have run into the same problem since only the GSIF drivers seem to be affected.

-- dj!

Pretty responsive.. is there some password that you have to write to make them respond? I wrote them twice in 14 days, still no answer.

Go Back to forum