• Register
  • Help

Topic: WarpIV Contemporary Saxophone & Jazz Flute libraries.

Share/Bookmark

WarpIV Contemporary Saxophone & Jazz Flute libraries.

Did anyone notice that these were announced?

Contemporary Saxophone - http://warpiv.com/1508628.html
    Jazz Flute - http://warpiv.com/1508635.html

Demos for both will be posted early 2007, and planning for a spring release.

More info at the above links...

Re: WarpIV Contemporary Saxophone & Jazz Flute libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H
    Did anyone notice that these were announced?

Contemporary Saxophone - http://warpiv.com/1508628.html
    Jazz Flute - http://warpiv.com/1508635.html

Demos for both will be posted early 2007, and planning for a spring release.

More info at the above links...
    The "Warpiv" screaming trumpet - http://warpiv.com/1050394.html
    shows a nice Artikulation-list ( a pitty that it doesnt seem to make use of K2 scripting) and already has couple of Demos, some of them let you presumably hear the announced sampled saxophones and Jazz Flute . Together with the screaming Trumpet another brilliant sampled Big band seems to come ...
    Intresting hint
    Steffen

The Screaming Trumpet does have some Kontakt 2 scripting in the Kontakt 2 version. One of the nice things about the Kontakt versions is that additional features and scripting can be added easily with updates.

I'll be posting some demos using the Screaming Trumpet in some Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears numbers in the near future.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I'll be posting some demos using the Screaming Trumpet in some Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears numbers in the near future.

Jim
    Nice

Ben H

I'll try to give you some background on these five new libraries that should be released in Spring 2007. We completed recording for the sax and flute libraries last month and are now in production.

We recorded an overwhelming number of articulations and effects at various dynamics at StudioWest in San Diego. After testing various combinations, we ended up using two Neumann TLM 193 mics (each lists for $1600) for Alto and Tenor sax and two Neumann U87 mics (each lists for $3180) for Baritone, Soprano, and Flute. We used top-of-the-line shock mounts (each lists for $340) to keep out noisy vibrations, etc. We used a Millenia HV3D 8 channel preamp (lists for $4200) that fed into a ProTools recording system. Everything was recorded in stereo at 96 KHz and 24 bits.

I did a spectral comparison of our recordings with another sax library that I had been using in my own work. You can see a big difference in the frequencies (more overtones in the high frequencies and less noise/rumble in the low frequencies). We really captured a clean sound.

Like our first product (Screaming Trumpet featuring Wayne Bergeron), we decided to use a big-name artist, Eric Marienthal (www.ericmarienthal.com) who is well known for his incredible playing chops, style, and tone. Each of the four sax libraries (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone) provide the same set of articulations, making it easy to develop parts for section work. One of the things that we did was go way into the upper register on each instrument where false fingerings, etc. are required. Eric was really amazing to work with during the five 8-hour recording sessions.

Like the Screaming Trumpet library, the four sax and flute libraries will support Kontakt, Giga, EXS24, and Reason formats on one multiformat disk. We will also expose raw wav files for people to develop their own patches.

Down the road, we will be putting a trombone library together and then we will likely record more trumpet samples with Wayne, focusing on muted trumpets and flugel horn (and a few more screaming trumpet articulations). To cap things off, we will record a jazz clarinet library.

From time to time, I will post information to let people know how we are doing. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Thanks,
    Jeff Steinman

President & CEO WarpIV Technologies, Inc.
    www.warpiv.com

What i can say is that i'm doing some demos for "Screaming Trumpet", and it is really very good! Very well recorded...Great sound! It has an incredible tone, very nice to compose jazz and to add a punch trumpet sound to orchestral pieces.

great to hear it will be available in Reason format aswell.
    what will the price be?

ps.Eric Marienthal is a great player.

We haven't set the price yet, but they won't be low-end libraries. We will release the sax libraries together as a set for a discounted price, but we will also allow people to buy them individually too. I'm guessing that people will prefer to buy the set.

Eric was a blast to work with. We had more laughs than you can imagine. He is not only an awesome player, but a really great guy too! When I decided to put these libraries together, Eric was my first and only choice.

I actually developed all of the Screaming Trumpet programs in Reason. All of my demos were done in Reason, so I'm glad to hear that there is another Reason person out there...

Jeff Steinman

Go Back to forum