• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pirate adventures

Share/Bookmark

Pirate adventures

Hi everyone,

Here's an excerpt from a new piratey work-in-progress tune. Nothing is panned yet and the mix hasn't been worked on as I'm still writing the music.

Ooops!

More to come.

It's for a new musical, opening scene as follows:

Lone treasure chest sits at bottom of deep hole in the ground on a small caribbean island. Hero climbs down rope to reach for chest but rope isn't quite long enough. Hero reaches as low as he can, only inches away from grabbing the handle. Evil villain jumps out of chest, hero falls off rope, sword fight takes place. Hero pins down and ties up villain with rope. Hero's "damsel in distress" appears in typical cheesy fashion and begins to sing. Hero considers situation. Hero changes his mind, unties villain, says "I'm not doing the hero thing anymore, take the wench and yer treasure. I'm off". Hero exits. Villain and damsel look bewildered and sing a duet about what to do now that hero has broken the rules of piratey adventure stories.

Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: Pirate adventures

This is really cool!! I enjoyed it very much! Please share the finished mix when it's done.

Good job with the combination of JABB and GPO! This is sexy nice-ness. Wow. Very big mood changer for me, because I've been depressed all day, thank you for that pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr
    Good job with the combination of JABB and GPO! This is sexy nice-ness. Wow. Very big mood changer for me, because I've been depressed all day, thank you for that pick up.
    Thanks Tuba, glad you enjoyed it, even if it is unfinished. Incidentally, there is no JABB in there. It's all GPO (apart from bass guitar and kit - which are the bog standard synths which come with Cubase). All other instruments are purely GPO.

Moviemaestro - thanks, I will certainly post the finished piece for your listening pleasure

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Some wonderful color writing in the opening (and
    elsewhere) of this, Kin; and the programmatics
    follow the libretto flawlessly. Strong, polished writing,
    and a pleasure to hear.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Kin,

Great writing, colorful, nice flair here and there and good scoring to go along with the writing. I expect the finished work to be all the better.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Thank you for providing and excerpt of your musical project. Enjoyed the listen! Looking forward to hearing more as you progress in writing this musical

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum