• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help - bow attacks conumdrum

Question Help - bow attacks conumdrum

Is there an articulation for K2 that removes the bow attack from a string passage?

I'm trying to emulate a player moving the bow smoothly across the instrument without re-bowing every note.

I imagined the performance legato presets in VSL Horizon Chamber strings would emulate this technique, but when I play legatos I get a beautiful but unwanted slide up or down.

When I shorten the note lengths to elimate the slide, passages become altogether to distinct, and the note transistions seem to obvious.

In short - not lush . . .

I use: VSL Horizon Chamber Strings (converted to K2 script format)

Kirk Hunter Emerald Orchestra K2

EWQLSO Gold

Peter Siedlaczek Strings Essentials K2

Re: Help - bow attacks conumdrum

I'm working on a script along with a new UI that will accomplish exactly what you're looking for. Not easy, but possible.

That's got to be good news, because the seamless sound of - say - Barber's Adagio is very hard to emulate.
    That, and that it's a work of unparalleled genius, of course.

If you lessen the attack on the ADHSR panel, and play with the curve, AND intelligently place the MIDI notes, you can acheive this. just takes a bit of work.

You can also do this with the SIPS script, or with the sample offset legato script that I think comes with K2 by default.
    Wilbert Roget, II

Go Back to forum