Last week, we were invited guests for a concert and backstage tour with the rock band 'Foreigner' at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle. Foreigner was nearing the end of their world-wide tour and we had an opportunity to spend some time with bassist Jeff Pilson (a former Seattleite) and meet some of the band members before the show. Foreigner users Personal Orchestra and recently started using the Stradivari Solo Violin.
Foreigner is one of the most well-known bands in modern Rock & Roll. Anyone who was awake for the last 20 years could not have helped hearing such great hits as "Hot Blooded", "Feels Like The First Time", "Double Vision", "Cold As Ice", "Say You Will", "Urgent" and "I Want To Know What Love Is" which helped to shape the music of a generation. Foreigner was started in 1976 and their first two albums sold over nine million copies with many of their songs remaining in the top twenty for some time.
The concert was fantastic and the band was firing on all cylinders. They played hit after hit flawlessly In addition to playing their own hits they also played Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" as a tribute to Jason's father John Bonham. The band seemed to be having so much fun, playing many classic hits and it was infectious for the audience. Every band member gave 110 per cent. The fans were enthusiastic. They were jumping out of their seats, running to the pit area, singing every word of every song and dancing and rocking their hearts out.
The current members include:
- Mick Jones: guitar, piano, keyboards, background vocals. Mick is the founder of the band and has been with the band since 1976. He was simply dynamite on guitar.
- Jeff Pilson: bass guitar, background vocals (Jeff is an amazing indefatigable bass player and he traveled the stage infusing so much energy into the concert. Jeff is also a producer).
- Jason Bonham: drums (son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham)
- Jeff Jacobs: keyboards, background vocals (fantastic keyboard player).
- Thom Gimbel: (incredible guitarist, background vocals andsaxophone)
- Kelly Hansen: lead vocals (fantastic singer and energetic capturing the classic sound of Foreigner)
Foreigner is without doubt one of the finest classic rock bands touring today. If you get a chance to see them live I think you'll enjoy it.
Thanks Jeff, Mick, Kelly, Jason, Jeff, and Tom...The entire show was a rockin' good time!
The Paramount Theatre and Foreigner on stage
More photos of the concert
Kelly, Jeff, Jason & Thom ............... Kelly, Jeff & Jason
Jeff, Mick Kelly & Jason .................. Jason, Jeff & Thom (on sax)
Thom Gimbel, myself, Mick Jones and Jeff Pilson
Backstage - mixing console and guitar rack
Kelly and the enthusiastic fans ............... Jason and Jeff on bass