• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lesson 20-Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration-Now Posted

Orcas Island

Lesson 20-Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration-Now Posted

Lesson 20 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now posted. This lesson discusses composition and tutti orchestration. Tutti generally means the simultaneous use of all instrument at the same time. Here is the link to lesson #20:

Lesson 20

For those unfamiliar with the course, the popular Rimsky-Korsakov "Principles of Orchestration" is one of the finest orchestration books ever puiblished. This online interactive edition presents this classic work as a multimedia, self paced course, delivered on the Northern Sounds forum.

It is our pleasure to emphasize that the course is free. There is no charge, direct or hidden, no obligation, no registration required, no strings attached. Just come and learn!

The course has 26 lessons with numerous interactive scores (275 of them) that allow you to see the score while you hear the music. There are exercises with scores, midi files and audio clips. There are online orchestration professors and a community learning environment where learners can discuss the topics and share their examples. Here's the link to the course itself:

Only 5 Lessons remaining!

I welcome your participation and your input!

Gary Garritan

Re: Lesson 20-Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration-Now Posted

I'm still back on the early lessons and seeing that there are only 5 lessons left, I was wondering: How long do you plan on keeping the past lessons up on your server? I hope for a while, as I'm loving the course though need some time to finish it!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN for providing us this wonderful resource!

Go Back to forum