• Register
  • Help

Topic: Computer for K2 yet again

Share/Bookmark

Computer for K2 yet again

What's the latest and the greatest computer for K2 these days, that run's effectively with version 2.1. ???.........Core 2 ? ....Dual Proc. ??? Single ??? AMD ??? Intel ???.....Thanks, Jim

Re: Computer for K2 yet again

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    What's the latest and the greatest computer for K2 these days, that run's effectively with version 2.1. ???.........Core 2 ? ....Dual Proc. ??? Single ??? AMD ??? Intel ???.....Thanks, Jim
    I don't think Kontakt is finicky about hardware.

I can run it on an Athlon XP 3000 and a P4. It requires slightly higher card buffer settings with Hyper Threading in stand alone mode.

Re: Computer for K2 yet again

kite,
    Thanks for your reply ... I will basically be building a machine for Kontakt 2 ( having one built ) and I know there are a lot of setups that will work with K2, but since this will be a new build, I'm trying to find out the newest , latest, fastest , best bang for the buck, computer I can have put together to run K2...That's it !!... I get a lot of generalization from folks , but nobody even goes as far to say that an AMD computer will run better than an Intel when using K2 .... I've seen enough people having problems with K2, and can't help but think that maybe it has something to do with what's in the computer that they're running ... I'm also sure that there are plenty of outdated machines that will run K2 just fine, but why would I build something that's outdated ??...Thanks for your reply ... Perhaps you can steer me into what machine I sould be building ...Thanks again ...Sincerely, Jim

Go Back to forum