• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee SID XL, individual outs

Scarbee SID XL, individual outs

What's up with this library and the issues regarding Halion/Halion OEM player, AU (Audio Units), and Logic Pro 7.2?

#1. Any news on Halion updates from Steinberg?

#2. K2 version from Scarbee?

A workaround for now would be to buy Halion 3 and manually remap the output assignments for every sample in every program...
    With former Logic-versions I think it works, in Halion/OEM stand-alone mode/Rewire.

Any thoughts?

Hakan Glante

Re: Scarbee SID XL, individual outs

they often stressed that there will never be a K2 version SID XL.

Well, the issue with Logic 7.2 - what do you mean. There is one which is a Logic issue if you ask me, that Logic does not show the ReWire outs of the player correctly - but after installing real rewire compatible software like Live Logic is able to display that correctly.

But I am most often using HALion (not the player) because the player does not recognize my custom patches (which *****s) and with that I am not experiencing any problems. So it would be possible that there are also not that many problems with Logic and HALion player ....

Halion in AU-mode doesn't allow different output configurations.
    It's 8 stereo-pairs.
    And the presets use 2 stereo-pairs and 12 ind outs.
    So, BD outside appears/duplicates on the same output as SD over etc

Well, sure, but that is because for Logic there is not really a difference between a stereo out and mono out for additional outputs - as you choose that with the aux track config (might be a bit more convenient to have mono outs for SID, but it should not be a big problem ...), well, and surround - well, let's not rant about surround implementation and logic here ....
    This is the stupid AU vs. VST implementation potence war - making Kontakt less convenient in VST and HAL in AU .... it is childish - of course

but does the ReWire version not support mono outputs? (as HALion does not support to keep samples in RAM as exs when switching projects that might even be a nice reason to use ReWire-version)

And, just tried to load a SID-NKI in K2 - crash test dummies ....

what should one say - thank god there are still HALion files for SID (v1) so that K2 can import that as it crashes on loading the equivalent .nkis :-)

What are you saying, K2 crashes on loading .nkis?
    I've never used Kontakt, but heard it's buggy...

Quote Originally Posted by steff3
    but does the ReWire version not support mono outputs?
    Doesn't seem so.
    Changed the output config in stand-alone mode to 2 stereo, 12 mono, and no 5.1
    When I reopened it in Rewire slave mode it was back to 4 stereo, 4 mon, and 4 5.1

Well, did you just change it or did you same a HALiondef.fxb? There is a huge difference. There is a "tutorial" how to adjust the output settings and make default preset on the DVD (on one of them - somewhere). I think you have to change the output settings (do not forget the preload time to set to 0.1 s and the upsampling to low or so), go to HALion program (?applications) ctrl-click s-> show package content and drop it in there or so.

Well, not really mac standard for convenience. ...

I've tried to put the haliondef.fxb (which I saved as a bank from within Halion) in the Components folder, the Halion folder, the Halion content folde and the Halion package contents folder without results...

Go Back to forum