• Register
  • Help

Topic: Relationship between volume and mod wheel cc1

Share/Bookmark

Relationship between volume and mod wheel cc1

Hi. I'm using both GPO and JABB in Sonar and Cakewalk homestudio. I have the cc#1 settings up but the volume of the instruments is very different. I noticed that the volume knob in Kontakt changes this. How can I get consistancy and control into the sequencing without manually changing the volume in the sampler? I thought that cc1 would control that. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Eric

Re: Relationship between volume and mod wheel cc1

You'd probably be better off using the mixer console view in your sequencer to adjust balance.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

To do what Dan suggests, make sure that "Use Std. CC#7 / CC#10 volume and pan" in the Player's Options is checked..

"C" Scores

Forgive me, Im not sure if I am posting this in the right place. I am new.

I had a teacher who incouraged me to prepare scores and parts with no key signatures. All parts in the score were to be concert pitch and printed parts were transposed with accidentals placed on every appropriate note. The reasoning is that even the best sight readers will occasionally miss a flated or sharped note. With accidentals placed sight reading is quicker making for shorter recording times. Is this a good idea?

This is a great forum. Thank you Gary!

Jim Gaynor

Thanks. I'll have to try that. Nova.music, I'm not sure that this is the right place for a post but I'll give you my own $.02 for what it's worth. I typically will use a key signature unless the music written is not clearly in a key. You can use reminder accidentals if necessary in spots. You can get a lot of info from a key signature that you would have to put together piece-meal otherwise. That said, it's just my preference. It's easier to grasp a key signature than a whole series of accidentals.

Best regards,
    Eric

I normally just change the volume in the plugin in Sonar to match the levels between the instruments. Sonar will remember the volume you changed to. Since I use templates from prior pieces, the volume are then loaded with the template for new pieces I'm working on.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    To do what Dan suggests, make sure that "Use Std. CC#7 / CC#10 volume and pan" in the Player's Options is checked..
    I made these changes and can now mix directly. Does this affect Mod wheel volume control or does it just give me control over signal levels (I'm hoping and guessing the latter!) Thanks again.

Eric

ModWheel is CC#1. The setting only affects CC#7 (Volume) & CC#10 (Pan). These are the 2 knobs in the lower, right corner of the Kontakt Player GUI.

Thanks, Nickie. That's what I thought. ~ Eric

Go Back to forum