• Register
  • Help

Topic: MAudios 2496 card no go with gigastudio 2.5

Share/Bookmark

MAudios 2496 card no go with gigastudio 2.5

when playing back/triggering sounds from gigastudio v.2.5 through MAudio 2496 card I get crazy pops and crackles. I\'m using the latest drivers, and it still sound s bad. When I use gigasampler v1.6 it works fantastic; the card also works fine with other audio apps. So I suspect that gigastudio may be the culprit. To give a bit more info I\'m running gigastudi v2.5 with MAudio\'s 2496 card on a PIII 550 with 512mb pc133mhz ram and a 20 gig maxtor 7200rpm drive. I also have Sb live w/ digital exp. board and a yamaha ds-xg card. Seq software is cubase 3.7 and Cubase5and reality v1.53. Works fine with everything else but gigastudio 2.5
    Any answers to help resolve this would be much appreciated!
    K-Boogie!

Re: MAudios 2496 card no go with gigastudio 2.5

Sorry I should also add that my O/s is win Millenium. Not sure if this may be part of the problem. I\'m thinking of going back to Win98SE or movin\' on up to Win2000.

What do guys think?!!

I have used the Audiphile 2496 with Gigastudio 2.5 in both Win ME and WIn XP Pro without problems. I have all my gigs on a separate harddrive. You may fiddle with the buffer size in the MAudio control panel to see if this helps. Defrag the harddisk if not already done.

Using 2496 card with Win2k Pro, KA7-100 motherboard (via chipset), and I get constant pops and clicks, especially with the larger samples. Have already optimized in every method suggested here and in the manuals, the only thing that made any diff whatsoever is getting the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers from www.viahardware.com, which somewhat lessened but did not eliminate the pops/clicks.

I have the latest drivers for the 2496, all the latest service packs and patches for win2k. There are no background services or programs running other than the GS program... The 2496 is the only audio card. I\'ve defragged several times.

I\'m pretty sure now from reading the other posts that it\'s a combination of the 2496 and the via chipset motherboard that\'s causing it, perhaps something with MIDI on the 2496. Unfortunately I don\'t have any other way to get midi into the machine except a USB controller (Oxygen 8) and even with that I get pops and crackles.

Very frustrating Anyone else got any tips/suggestions??

Oh - the only thing I haven\'t tried yet is putting the samples on a 2nd hard drive. I\'ll try that (have an extra one) and will let you guys know if that makes a diff. I have my doubts, somehow

Put in a new 80GB ATA133 hard drive as a 2nd drive. No real difference - crackles and pops still there, esp. with larger samples like the Gigapiano.

Since people are reporting success with the card/win2k with non VIA motherboards, I highly suspect it\'s some sort of problem between the card and the chipset. Grr.

Tried hooking up the ata-133 card that came with the 80gb drive. Still pops and clicks...so I think we can safely rule out the hard drive.

Maybe I\'ll install GS on the machine with the (ugh) Soundblaster Live just to see if it pops.

catthedd,
    Please take a look at your interrupt settings for this card. Please post them back here for review. This card want to be on interrupt 9 or 10.

If you need instructions on how to do this let me know.

I run this card on a P3-500 Dell machine with no problems.

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catthedd:
    Tried hooking up the ata-133 card that came with the 80gb drive. Still pops and clicks...so I think we can safely rule out the hard drive.

Maybe I\'ll install GS on the machine with the (ugh) Soundblaster Live just to see if it pops.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st I\'d like to thank everyonr for their tips and suggestions to this topic. I\'ve ended up getting gigastudio to work with my 2496 card! The trick was I had to change my latency ettings to a higher value, which in turn eliminated the pops and clicks.

Hope this may help....

I also highly recommend Win2000. I have a friend that had constant problems with Gigastudio and WinME, and I personally had HUGE problems with the Audiophile and Win98 and even worse with XP.

Also, make sure your hard drives are set to DMA instead of PIO mode. This caused clicks and pops for me when I didn\'t realize it wasn\'t set to DMA.

Go Back to forum