• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using Soundsets in Sibelius 3

Using Soundsets in Sibelius 3

Hey everyone,

I saw David's plug-ins that he created to use the Sibelius soundset feature with GPO and JABB for Sibelius 4 and I was wondering if they or something like them, can be done in Sibelius 3.

Funds have been tight lately, so I haven't been able to upgrade to 4 yet and this would help my workflow alot. Right now, I use GPO with Garritan Studio and Sibelius and it works fine. I just hate putting in all of the key switches, dynamic marks and what not.

I already have the Cres/Decres and the slur plug-ins that were created sometime ago. Just wondering.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's frickin' freezing here in Ohio right now, so, everyone stay warm, wherever you are.

Talk to you all soon,
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Using Soundsets in Sibelius 3

Sibelius 4.1 is the first version that allows one to use the GPO dynamic controls in the soundsets. So there really isn't a way to do this in Sibelius 3.

Also, regarding plugins, it would not be possible to create a plugin for version 3 either. Version 4 of Sibelius is the first one to allow a plugin to recognize articulation markings in the score.

Go Back to forum