• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music Premiere

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Music Premiere

I just thought I would everyone here at the GPO forum know about a piece of mine. I had a rehearsal today at Case Western Reserve University with a group of talented high school musicians who are the best of the best from area school systems (as far west as Toledo, as far south as Medina and Massillon and as far east as Erie, PA).

They are performing there Holiday Concert on Monday, December 4 at Severance Hall (home to the Cleveland Orchestra). The director of the group, Gary Ciepluch has decided to use my piece: "Spirit of the Past" in concert and has asked me to direct it. I'm quite excited about being able to present the piece myself.

The concert starts at 7:30 and if your in the area, I would like to invite you to try and attend.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Music Premiere

This is great news! It's the greatest feeling to hear your piece live and be able to conduct. Congratulations on your success!

Best,
    Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

I remember Severance Hall! Let us know how it went.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thanks Dan and I'll do better than that. I will post it and le you hear the performance!

I was really surprised when I first rehearsed it today. I used only the winds and percussion (unfortunately no saxes or euphoniums) from GPO to hear it after I wrote it. The sound I got from GPO was incredibly close to the actual sounds I got from the group today. Biggest differences being that the group today followed my espressivo directions (as opposed to my sequencer which just spit it out).

Rich

Great news, pleased to hear, Rich!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Rich:

What a wonderful Holiday treat for both you and your audience. It's always a realy thrill to hear your music played by real players. Congratulations on this premiere.

Will be watching for the performance mp3.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

That's great. I hope you have a good show.

My parents often usher at Severance hall. I'll have to see if they are going to be there that night. (My parents are almost wrayer's neighbors - they live in Vermilion.)
    Trent P. McDonald

Congratulations Rich!!! This is wonderful news! Let us know how it goes (and record it if you can!) We'd love to see/hear it!
    Take Care,
    Steph

Thanks Paula, David, Ern, Jack, Trent and Steph. I will make sure I get a copy of the performance recording and make an mp3 available. I appreciate all your comments and will do my best to present a good performance. I know the students will be great.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    That's great. I hope you have a good show.

My parents often usher at Severance hall. I'll have to see if they are going to be there that night. (My parents are almost wrayer's neighbors - they live in Vermilion.)
    Why Trent, That's great. I am a long time visitor to the Vermilion area. Now I live on their doorstep. Your parents live in a wonderful community. Keep RichR honest - make him buy his own ticket - you go with your parents!

Go Back to forum